Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • alderney – Anyone been? what is there. Quick replies please. Tonight!!
  • BigBikeBash
    Free Member

I am taking the wife away tomorrow and forgot. Need to get a hotel with a sea view in the Channel Islands. The only hotel available is in Alderney. Is there anything there? Is it pretty? Will she kill me or think I chose it?

http://www.brayebeach.com/

geetee1972
    Free Member

It's tiny. There's almost nothing to do but the beaches are very nice and there are lots of WWII bunkers to look at.
    As long as you're sex life is still rampant you'll have loads of fun! :mrgreen:

JulianA
    Free Member

Hotel looks good!

This might help… Visit Alderney website…

Have a great time!

luke
    Free Member

Went what seems a lifetime ago now, very quiet and peaceful. Only spent a night there in a boat in the harbour we had some great fishing.
    You may even be able to get a boat to one of the bigger islands if you get bored.
    We also got to play with the lifeboats there, due to some contacts with us at the time.

Ambrose

Hire a boat to explore the seaward military structures. Have debauched fun afloat. Pretend you have engine/ sail failure. Meet up with luke's mates!

silverpigeon
    Free Member

Alderney is fine, beaches are nice and will make for a nice relaxing break. We often nip over for a weekend. If you get bored book a flight to Guernsey (10 mins and £35.00) and I'll take you riding…as long as you are around 5'11 and can fit one of my bikes.

geetee1972
    Free Member

Silverpigeon I take it you live on Guernsey then?

The wife is from there and her parents are still there and we visit regularly. We're coming this August for 12 days and will be bringing the bikes. Where would one go for a little hardtail fun?

BigBikeBash
    Free Member

Decided to go to Jersey instead. Thanks for the advice though.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

The topic ‘alderney – Anyone been? what is there. Quick replies please. Tonight!!’ is closed to new replies.