• This topic has 4 replies, 3 voices, and was last updated 12 years ago by IHN.
Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • alderley edge sth area info- run ride (off or on road) walk ? 3h time to kill…
  • roady_tony
    Free Member

Hi All,

am in this area unexpectedly for 3 days during the day with 3 hours to kill each time. looking for a (10k) run a ride (either off or on road for either) or a nice hill walk – something to fill my 3 hours with.
    I’ve got 2 idea’s from mapmyrun , alderley edge park, and a loop run on horse tracks – but they look a little dull.

oh and anyone recom. a cafe or pub in the area for good food would be good.

thanks STW riders!

IHN

Some lovely road riding country around there, head out to Chelford, Jodrell Bank, Middlewich, Sandbach, Congleton, Macclesfield, back via Prestbury etc. In three hours you could cover a large chunk of some of the prettiest bits of Cheshire.

You could park at the Wizard car park and easily spend a couple of hour poking around and up and down the Edge itself on foot.

Check out the Drum and Monkey pub on Moss Lane (bit tucked away). I could happily spend three hours in there in an afternoon 🙂

ourmaninthenorth

What IHN said.

You could comfortably take a road bike over the Cat & fiddle from Alderley and be back in time for tea.

Walking – along the Edge is nice (I’d say it would be good for some cheeky riding, though it is NT land).

At the back of the Wizard pub is a cute little cafe. Nice cake stop on the bike.

MTBing – zip down to Macclesfield forest for a couple of hours’ riding. Actually, the road riding through there is ace.

roady_tony
    Free Member

thanks INH and mininthenorth – i keep forgetting BING has OS mapping, looks like sustrans route 55/70 cheshire cycleway would be good to get out to “cat and fiddle” via the forest – judging by some google street view it looks well signed too – as i hate having to carry a ton of maps 😉

thanks for the tip on the cafe near the wizard pub 😉

IHN

Don’t know that Sustrans route, but if it goes to the Cat and Fiddle via Macc Forest then make sure you’ve got your climbing pants on 😯

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

The topic ‘alderley edge sth area info- run ride (off or on road) walk ? 3h time to kill…’ is closed to new replies.