Viewing 6 posts - 41 through 46 (of 46 total)
  • Alcoholism and a professional career (heavy moral debate content)
  • Cougar

“Baveria” in fact; Baveria 0.0 ‘wheat’ beer, rotten. They do a ‘malt’ beer also, which I’ve not tried but sounds like it might be nice.

Erdinger I didn’t get on with either.

Bitburger Drive is alright – just usually dearer that the first two I mentioned.

Just stumbled across this,

http://www.alcoholfree.co.uk/product_info.php?cPath=2_12&products_id=405

… and I think I’m going to make a purchase.

FWIW – I’m kind of where MrNutt is – “, I’ve never felt the NEED to drink but I’d say I used to enjoy it to excess” – so I’m trying to cut out midweek drinking and just have a social few at the weekends. Alcohol-free beers are a reasonable alternative, but I’m still looking for other suggestions for non-alcoholic options. What I -really- want is something that tastes like bourbon and Coke; I could massively cut down my drinking if such a thing existed.

Cougar

As an aside, humour for me is a coping mechanism. I’m not stranger to black humour and sick jokes, but when I’ve found myself on the wrong side of unpleasant situations I have and will welcome the humour, piss-taking and laughter. Perhaps it’s a cultural thing, but to my mind you laugh or you sink. Otherwise it’s Serious.

I have good friends who I know I can rely on to line up and call me ‘Stumpy’ if I ever lose a limb, and I welcome that, I truly do.

dasnut
    Free Member

I’m not an alcoholic, I’m a alcoholist

mikertroid
    Free Member

coolhandluke
    Free Member

I recently interviewed a chap for a job who, when asked what his greatest achievement was he told me it was his battle with alcoholism and success in giving up the drink.

I thought for a bit and considered his response to be open, honest and right in the sense of the question so I told him that was indeed an achievement to be proud of.

He got the job.

druidh
    Free Member

I think I’m right in saying that you are under no legal obligation to declare this.

I know a couple of “recovered” alcoholics, one of whom is a fireman. I’d have no hesitation at all about employing one.

Viewing 6 posts - 41 through 46 (of 46 total)

The topic ‘Alcoholism and a professional career (heavy moral debate content)’ is closed to new replies.