Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Alcohol! Now chocolate. What next?
  • gears_suck
    Free Member

I’ve always had an intolerance to any type of alcohol. When I say that, I mean as little as a sip or two of wine or half a bitter shandy. You get the idea. The result will be migraine followed by nausea and sometimes vomiting.
    How sad I hear you retort, and I accept your heartfelt sympathy. Thank you!
    However, more recently, I have developed a similar response to chocolate. It’s not quite as bad a reaction, but steadily getting worse.
    Does anyone else experience similar reactions? I’m curious because I’ve not met anyone with such severe responses. In particular the alcohol one.

Drac

It may not be all wines or beers I get a banging headache with the odd dark beer even if I’ve only had one. But yes chocolate is a fairly common one.

shermer75
    Free Member

Coffee and tea for me. Chocolate if I eat a shed load

gears_suck
    Free Member

Oh god. I hadn’t thought about coffee. That would be the end for me!

Cougar

Hammers.

One or two of those to the head and I have a headache for days.

Cougar

(In seriousness; that sounds awful. Get thee to a dcotor, maybe they can send you for allergen tests?)

chakaping
    Free Member

Coffee and tea for me. Chocolate if I eat a shed load

You know chocolate’s got caffeine in it too, yeah?

I saw the title of this thread and wasn’t expecting the following post! I was thinking its my typical friday/saturday night chocolate and beer, my condolences go out to you……….

binners

I get exactly the same with chocolate. Like you, I used to be ok with it, then I developed this reaction, which then got progressively worse. I can’t touch the stuff any more. If any of it passes my lips then within seconds I get what Withnail refers to as ‘a bastard behind the eyes’ Haven’t touched it for years now.

Take the positives though, With me, I’ve concluded that its probably just as well really. If I added chocolate to my list of ‘stuff I eat too much of which i really shouldn’t’ I’d be the size of a barrage balloon 😀

poppydiamond
    Free Member

With no offence intended I was happy to read the op as I too can’t tolerate alcohol and hadn’t ever met someone else who was the same! 😉

With me it’s usually not instant – i.e. not on just a sip or two but after just one or two beers, wines or most drinks and I start to feel awful. Like having a hangover. Real flu like symptoms and feel I’ll all over, it’s horrible. So many friends and family won’t accept it though – still get shed loads of booze every Christmas and people in the pub saying ‘go on, have one’ – needless to say in my younger years when I’d cave in, they weren’t at all understanding about the ensuing need to go home due to illness! Not that I’m annoyed or anything 😉

wiggles
    Free Member

No chocolate or alcohol?

I’d be on the edge of a high bridge by now…

nick1962
    Free Member

No alcohol?
    Try this [video]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LRyqEqUgANs[/video]
    No chocolate may be tricky once the munchies kick in though.

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

The topic ‘Alcohol! Now chocolate. What next?’ is closed to new replies.