Viewing 21 posts - 41 through 61 (of 61 total)
  • Alcohol and getting older.
  • hora
    Free Member

Grantway so a date should consist of 30 in a NSL, a shandy and first base? 😉 😀

caffeineoldbean
    Free Member

Lots of posting in here.All this talk of age.Sounds like Pimms o’clock to me.

wrightyson
    Free Member

I love a Sunday afternoon tipple more than any other. Virtually stopped drinking on a Friday to prolong life hopefully and it genuinely makes the weekend last longer. This Friday went to a mates for dinner, had a couple of cobras with a curry he had cooked for us all. Then up fresh Saturday for a 9am ride.

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    pondo

Gave up the alcohol for lent and haven’t really missed it – and I thought I’d really struggle. We went away this weekend and had a few drinks, as the weekend had been arranged before we decided to give up for Lent, and it’s been nice to have a few drinks, but I’m as happy to get back on the wagon now the weekend’s over.

BoardinBob

I’m not entirely sure this is age related but having no lunch or dinner then drinking 3 pints of Erdinger and 2 pints of Leffe on a Friday night will destroy you.

willard

It’s just easier to not drink.

I turned 40 a couple of weeks ago and celebrated by opening a couple of bottles of red over the last few weeks. I just can’t drink the stuff any more. Awful hangovers, terrible night’s sleep, dehydration. I felt appalling every time I had a couple of glasses. Even beer makes me feel rough.
    Not drinking is good. I like the effects of not drinking.

convert

Not sure if it’s age but I now get really bad acid reflux with whisky which is proper rubbish.

Re hangovers – I seem less capable of getting on and ignoring them and they last longer.

hora
    Free Member

Re Hangovers- are you drinking enough water before you drink alcohol? Like regular consumption?

As I’ve said if I drink white or a poor/average quality red- hangover guaranteed even after 1 glass. If I drink high quality stuff I’m fine.

IMO you get hangovers if you are drinking pap or your body doesn’t get on with a specific tipple. I LOVE Jim Beam/JD- but boy I suffer in the morning. Whereas Mount Gay/Appleton – I can bang em away to the cows come home.

binners

Theres some proper fannies on this thread! 😀

I’m starting my week as always….

grum
    Free Member

I beg to differ Mrs B has PKU and aspartame in food and drink is a nightmare.

the claim that the two amino acids, phenylalanine and aspartic acid have neurotoxic effects. This is true in certain individuals and in high enough doses. The only subpopulation of individuals potentially susceptible to adverse effects from phenylalanine is homozygous phenylketonurics and in this case, food itself with much higher levels of phenylalanine from the protein in the diets contributes much higher toxicity for these unfortunate individuals. For those individual phenylketonurics that want to carefully control their intake levels of phenylalanine, they can do that by simply taking into consideration the amount of phenylalanine supplied by the aspartame product or, even more likely, simply refraining from use of these products. The USFDA requires that the aspartame product be labeled specially for phenylketonurics patients so that they will be aware of its presence in these products. As for the other amino acid in aspartame, the levels of aspartic acid ingested with aspartame use are many fold less than those levels responsible for causing adverse effects on the brain of animals and/or man. In fact, it is not clear that the experimentally derived data from animals is relevant to man. In any case, the levels of aspartic acid intake from aspartame are many fold below those needed to mediate neurologic effects.

Isn’t that basically like saying that she is allergic to aspartame? No-one claims that peanuts are evil because some people are allergic to them.

emsz
    Free Member

Poor things

Friday: 4 pack of WKD blue, 3 pints cider. 2 jbombs
    Saturday: half a bottle of Pino, just the 2 pints as I was running Sunday

hammy7272
    Free Member

I’ve cut down massively in the last four months and I feel so much better. The black recycling bin looks so different after two weeks!

Really look forward to a couple of real ales and a few more on the odd occasion.

fr0sty125
    Free Member

I used to drink quite a bit at parties and nights out but I gave up alcohol when I was 18 I don’t regret it or miss it.

Jamie
    Free Member

My condolences.

timraven

My condolences.

Mine too 🙂 now that lot would give me a wicked hangover

_tom_
    Free Member

I’ve had the past week off (and the rest of this week) so my alcohol consumption has gone up a bit and had a few nights out til 7-8am. I don’t think I can deal with the hangovers much more, just completely wasted the day after in bed/walking around the house not being able to say anything but “oh god”. I’m only 25 as well ffs. I’m having a month off it after this weekend.

scaled
    Free Member

I only put my tons/glass recycling once a month these days. Massive lightweight.

If I smoke I more often than not wake up with half a j by the back door.

Solo
    Free Member

Its been my curse, that I can count the number of hangovers I’ve had in my life, possibly on one hand and its not been for the lack of trying.

OP doesn’t appear to mention their age.

Mid 40s now and I’m getting bore with drinking.
    I’m more interested at the moment in finding a disc compatible frame, Ali or carbon, which doesn’t have an integrated HS.

piemonster

I didn’t realise people actually drank WKD

You have my sympathies.

hora
    Free Member

Mid 40s now and I’m getting bore with drinking.

Rum and Jagermeister are my onlu vices. Always will be. Everyone needs a naughty nip of something.

rocketman
    Free Member

Rarely suffer with hangovers. I usually puke it all up and feel OK in the morning 🙂

Viewing 21 posts - 41 through 61 (of 61 total)

The topic ‘Alcohol and getting older.’ is closed to new replies.