Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 66 total)
  • Albums you own but wished you didn't…
  • the-muffin-man

I’ll start with…

…still can’t bring myself to chuck old CDs out though – seems like throwing away history!

martinhutch

nemesis
    Free Member

Well it’s a CD rather than album

Found it while packing to move house…

monkeysfeet
    Free Member

Mmmmm Carol Decker….

I bought Guns N’ Roses Chinese Democracy…. Absolute utter garbage. Really, after such a long wait Axel Rose gave us that cr*p..Should really get rid.

Bregante

dragon
    Free Member

Spin Doctors – Pocket Full of Kryptonite

andyfla
    Free Member

I had 5 Stars second album – not even sure of the name these days

the-muffin-man

Ooooh – I’ve got that Spin Doctor’s one too!

martinhutch

So far I have three of these, including the one I posted. This isn’t going to end well.

lemonysam
    Free Member

Bregante

I had this.

Saved for months to buy it. No idea what became of it.

stumpy01

As part of a running joke while at uni, I own this:

and I once mentioned that I quite liked a song on the radio, so my now Wife bought me this:

I’ve also got this:

Think I’ll stop there……

monkeysfeet
    Free Member

@ lemonysam, I have that darkness album. And their next one….one way ticket to hell 😳

mindmap3
    Free Member

Another vote for Chinese Democracy – utter musical garbage.

I’m sure there are loads of others in the attic…

I went through a stage of being really into hardcore (not the dance music) so have loads of Earth Crisis, Stampin’ Ground, Strife and other such CD’s in the attic.

Equally there’ll be loads of ropey late 80’s / early 90’s c*ck rock there too…The Electric Boys, Love Hate, Dogs D’amour, Zodiac Mindwarp.

dragon
    Free Member

Oh and this one.

Cougar

OP, the image in your post wasn’t working, so I’ve edited it so that I can argue with you.

One of my all-time favourite albums, that (and I’ve got tickets to see T’Pau – well, Carol, Ronnie and band – later in the year).

Cougar

Equally there’ll be loads of ropey late 80’s / early 90’s c*ck rock there too…The Electric Boys,

There’s nothing ropey about Funk-O-Metal Carpet Ride. Well, other than the name.

brooess
    Free Member

I love Lou Reed/VU and I love Metallica but not this…

mindmap3
    Free Member

There’s nothing ropey about Funk-O-Metal Carpet Ride. Well, other than the name.

The worst bit about it is that Lips ‘n Hips was on Planet Rock the other day and I enjoyed hearding it again….

Brooess – I’m a massive Metallica fan but just didn’t bother with that. I thought after the horror of Some Kind of Monster they were getting back on track but after that and their set at Glasto Lars and co are still on their own little planet.

toby1

That Spin Doctors album is a classic – and if you don’t agree well then “Yo Mamma”!

Now this is woeful:

MSP

I have Robbie Williams Life through a lens.

And I really do try to hate him, honest I really do, I made a voodoo doll and stuck pins into it and everything, BUT (and that’s a big but for those of less observance), I still think it is a pretty good entertaining album.

CountZero

I have to fess up to owning that T’Pau album. Also Madonna’s Ray Of Light; listened to once. I ought to get shot of it sometime.
    Sadly, I also own several Phil Collins albums. I know, I know… (Hangs head, blushes with the shame). 😳

Cougar

I have to fess up to owning that T’Pau album.

I have all the albums.

And all the CD singles.

Signed.

And most of the 12″ singles, and a couple of 7″ ones.

Erm.

I’ll shut up now.

chip
    Free Member

‘Twas a gift, and the person who bought it for me immediately borrowed it for 6 months .

Gilesey
    Free Member

One of the first albums I ever bought, based entirely on the cover. As a thrash metaller of a 13yr old looking for something to go with my Reign in Blood and Master of Puppets c90 copied tapes, this album cover promised so much, and delivered only confused disappointment.

tazzymtb

although the earlier MDMA gothy stuff was fun and they were nice chaps

DezB
    Free Member

Seriously… someone really fancies CAROL DECKER?? Takes all sorts to make a world eh?

I have this… I liked the fretless bass… at the time. The only plus side is I seem to recall persuading my mum to pay for it…

Hey stumpy, can I have your Misteeq one? 😀

MoreCashThanDash

Bridge of Spies is a great album!

Have to confess I have quite a few of the ones mentioned. And I had a cull of the crap ones a while ago. Or at least, I thought I had. I’ve just found a copy of Janet Jacksons “Control” I didn’t know I had.

Anyone else got Berlins “Count Three and Pray”?

CountZero

Anyone else got Berlins “Count Three and Pray”?

I think I’ve got a Berlin album, not sure if it’s that one.
    There’s nowt wrong with No Parlez, Young has a great voice, there are some great songs on there, and the bass-playing is excellent.
    It’s also got the Fabulous Wealthy Tarts.

DezB
    Free Member

there are some great songs on there

No, there really isn’t! Nothing that stands the test of time anyway! (I mean, look who its next to in the rack: Neil.)

Cougar

I have this… I liked the fretless bass… at the time

I had the misfortune to see Paul Young live a few years ago. His voice is shot to ribbons. Shame.

mudshark
    Free Member

Being a rocker it was odd that I bought this but the gym I went to played this sort of thing and I heard the single Break ya neck and decided to buy the album – the single is pretty cool though.

hot_fiat

This:

Trippy Psychedelic hippy excrement.

northernmatt

I’m sure I have a copy of a Craig David album somewhere………

MrsToast
    Free Member

Good lord, Dog Eat Dog! I remember seeing them on Noisy Mothers (Who’s the King?, I think it was) and thinking they were bollocks. 😆

I think the most disappointing albums I own were Metallica’s Load and Reload. In terms of embarrassment, I owned Kylie’s first album. Plus Jason Donovan and New Kids on the Block. I was eight, though… I don’t regret Bananarama’s Greatest Hits though! 😀

maxtorque

And no, i have no idea why i brought it either. Caught up in the moment maybe??

(and PS i quite like that^^^^ Crash Test Dummies Album….. IGMC)

samuri
    Free Member

Bridge of Spies is a cracking album. That’s bizarre.

I sincerely can;t think of an album I regret…. oh yes.

I bought a Jean Michele Jarre album, possibly Oxygen. In my teenage drug, fight and beer addled mind It sounded kind of sexy. I liked it anyway.

One weekend my dad was out of the house so I spent a good couple of weeks ensuring I would have a young lady staying the night. I made her a meal, we watched a film but now it was time for the good stuff. With precision moves I encouraged her up the stairs, manoeuvred her to the bed and hit the play button (on the stereo), The haunting music of a crazy french bloke played out through the speakers as I worked my magic. Kiss this bit, stroke that bit, kiss that bit again, stroke this bit.

Suddenly she jumps up and starts putting her Donny Osmond T-shirt back on.
    “It’s not you”, she says, “it’s that **** music”

CaptJon
    Free Member

To my eternal shame, this is the first album i ever bought:

…i was eleven at the time though.

butcher

On vinyl!

PJM1974
    Free Member

Can’t find a fault with Carol Deckeror T’pau for that matter.

Then there’s this. I received it for Xmas when I was sixteen.

On the plus side, there’s Public Image, INXS, Talk Talk, Bass-O-Matic and The Cure.

But there’s Timmy Mallett, Betty Boo, Sting and MC Hammer.

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 66 total)

The topic ‘Albums you own but wished you didn't…’ is closed to new replies.