Viewing 25 posts - 41 through 65 (of 65 total)
  • Albums of your yoof that you've not heard for ages
  • hammerite
    Free Member

Licensed to Ill was the first ever album I bought. Think I would have been 9.

edlong
    Free Member

And going to see Adam and the Ants in Portsmouth in May

Briefly excited and then google says otherwise – Adam, but no Ants…

MSP

Just gone down a youtube nostalga trip on this

Unfortunately doesn’t seem available anywhere as a digital download, still must visit my parents and get all those cases of vinyl.

DaRC_L

Tom Robinson Band – Power in the Darkness

IHN

This is all turning out a bit ‘cool’.

Anyway, in the original spirit, the nostalgia-fest continues

superfli
    Free Member

The grid
    Bassomatic
    Bomb the bass
    S’express

DezB
    Free Member

What’s considered “youth”?
    Can’t say I’ve heard this since I was 14 or 15 and threw the sleeve across the room to my girlfriend, giving her a black eye. (She wouldn’t let me put on any punk) 😆

stilltortoise
    Free Member

Older siblings meant I got exposed to some pretty good (subjective) stuff in my formative years, but this was the first album I bought with my very own money

piedidiformaggio
    Free Member

There is also a bit of this

…still quite like it 😳

thisisnotaspoon
    Free Member

Somehow I avoided a crap music phase, so my first album was this.

Too young to remember the 80’s!

senorj

I loved that Berlin album. 🙂

B.A.Nana
    Free Member

Crass shaped my life (I was 14, 15).

Still got my ticket

jeff

TiRed

Great voice.

juanking

Adam and the Ants, kings of the wild frontier when young and Stereo Mc’s connected when older.

chewkw
    Free Member

The Carpenters
    ABBA
    Bee Gees
    Blondie
    Elvis – some of his songs not all.

Actually I have stopped listening to music for more than 10 years now …

Cougar

Great voice.

Not any more. I saw him live at one of those Rewind type shows a couple of years back and he was all over the place.

pedropete

I still listen to the vinyl albums of my youth, so I’ll have to go for a couple of pre-recorded cassettes I used to own, but which eventually got mangled:
    Deep Purple – Fireball
    Status Quo – On the level
    Might have to look them up on Apple Music later…

slackalice
    Free Member

Alice Cooper: Love it to Death, Billion Dollar Babies, Schools Out – haven’t listened to them for ages.

Black Sabbath: Vol 4

Lots of similar from the early/mid 70’s.

You lot are quite young aren’t you? 😉

john_drummer
    Free Member

What Klunk said. That and it’s follow-up, Nobody’s Heroes

CountZero

There’s probably loads that I’ve really grown out of, or bought on a whim, listened to once, and never bothered with again. Berlin is one such, I think it’s probably the one cheesy posted, and there’s a Cher album upstairs somewhere.
    I haven’t listened to Sabbath for years, and while I don’t mind hearing them on 6Records, I can’t say I’m in anyway rushing to rip my old albums into iTunes. ELP are another band I’ve not listened to for donks as well. I’ll have to have a shufti through my old CD’s and vinyl.
    There’s quite a lot that I still listen to from way back, though.

choppersquad
    Free Member

ZZ Top – Eliminator.
    This was my first Walkman tape although my mum couldn’t afford a Sony one so I think it was Aiwa?
    My girlfriend got a Panasonic Walkman for Christmas that year and it cost over £200!!
    She’s still got it here in the loft thirty years later.

JollyGreenGiant
    Free Member

Simple Minds New gold dream
    Dire Straits Brothers in arms
    Bowie Let’s Dance
    Police Regatta de Blanc

IdleJon

Pigface – Member
    I listened to Big Country The Crossing last night and it hadn’t aged well at all also it was remixed that made it sound really awful, couldn’t find the original.

I saw BC a short while ago (at Sin City, I think? You may know it. 😉 ). Mike Peters (The Alarm) was singing and only two members of the original band were left so it was a little like watching a tribute band. It was an excellent night, though, with the politest moshh pit I’ve ever been in. They even calmed down so I could take a photo of the band in action! Haven’t listened to The Crossing as a whole album for years.

northernmatt

After a short period of buying singles I decided that I should buy my first album which for some reason was this

To be played on this

Now though I know that Travis are really just an earlier shitter version of Coldplay

Viewing 25 posts - 41 through 65 (of 65 total)

The topic ‘Albums of your yoof that you've not heard for ages’ is closed to new replies.