Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Albufeira (outskirts) bus routes???
  • RopeyReignRider
    Free Member

Hi

We may be able to use a friend’s apartment on the outskirts of Albufeira (about 7km east of the main town) and I want to check how viable it is.

Does anyone happen to know if there’s buses services into the main town along the main road – Estr EN526 heading into Albufeira from the east / Faro ? (neither of us drive :-/ )

thanks

donsimon
    Free Member

Google info and have a trawl. It looks like there isn’t a bus timetable, it’s not much to go on.

RopeyReignRider
    Free Member

Yep, it’s all pretty vague!

I’m hoping someone may have some direct experience of buses (or lack of!)

steve-g
    Free Member

Albufeira is the name of the town, but if you look on holiday websites they also refer to the next town along ‘Oura’ as being Albufeira as that is where ‘the strip’ is. I think Oura is about 2k East of proper Albufeira. Once you are there there is a tourist train thing that does laps all day stopping at the old town, the strip, and one other place so if you can get that far then you are sorted.

I’m sure the buses will be fine. When I was there the main roads had plenty of buses running up and down them, and we used them with varying degrees of success. Most of the time we had no troubles, but there was one time we got absolutely lost, ended up taking 2 or 3 buses and ended up on the opposite side of town from where we wanted to be. The train is not an option as the station is nowhere near the town.

My other advice….Go down to Oura beach, eat espitada, drink vinho verde.

RopeyReignRider
    Free Member

Anyone else?!

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

The topic ‘Albufeira (outskirts) bus routes???’ is closed to new replies.