Viewing 26 posts - 1 through 26 (of 26 total)
  • Alarming targeted advert on STW….
  • robdob
    Free Member

I scrolled to the bottom of the page. I don’t know why I looked at the items in the Amazon advert, never normally do, and no amount of brain bleach will help after seeing the last item…..

😀

oldnpastit

Ow!

hilldodger
    Free Member

paedo thread ??

robdob
    Free Member

It’s on my phone, I don’t look at anything dodgy on it, 99% STW/retrorides and wikipedia/google searches. The only thing I’ve looked at recently which doesn’t fit the pattern is maybe that I searched for “worst tattoo” on google last night,but nothing I saw made me think I needed to remove my, or anyone elses, crown jewels.

thegreatape
    Free Member

You’ve presumably at some point been looking at or reading about Ritchey bikes?

whitestone
    Free Member

Having castrated many thousands of lambs over the years you get used to it.

The lambs don’t though 😳

allthepies
    Free Member

I love Pollock mouse mat purchased.

Ta for the PSA.

AlexSimon

lol at allthepies.
    They’ve really captured their market there.

robdob
    Free Member

That’s the weird thing – I haven’t been looking at Ritchey stuff either!

I did chortle at the Pollock mouse mat too. Might buy one anyway as its so random. 😀

dudeofdoom

Does it put a ring over their plums so they shrivel then…
    as opposed to lopping them off ?

(Inquisitive towny 🙂

andyl
    Free Member

Been reading Welshfarmers wool thread?

Having castrated many thousands of lambs over the years you get used to it.

I have a policy of “do onto others as…”/”what goes around comes around” so make the OH do the castrating while I grab them and spray the labels on.

Does it put a ring over their plums so they shrivel then…
    as opposed to lopping them off ?

yup, you put a rubber ring on around the top of the scrotum and after a couple of weeks it drops off with no bleeding etc. Hurts for a little while but you do it to them very early. Also use the same ring for trimming their tail (docking) as it keeps their bum cleaner and stops a lot of problems. The tail should just cover their “bits”.

whitestone
    Free Member

They are called Elastrators and yes it’s a strong elasticated rubber ring that cuts off the blood supply. Also used for docking lambs tails.

The other castrating device we used was the Burdizzo – I’ll let you do a search for that 😯

Malvern Rider
    Free Member

Ah, think I see what you did:

midlifecrashes

The colourway on those gloves is beyond enduro. I can see why you’d be upset.

dbcooper
    Free Member

My husbands father is a vet, he tells a tale of getting in to the back of his fathers car, and finding an inside out fertiliser bag with tell tale round bumps -Ahhh free apples he thinks (the farmers were always generous) he opened th bag and popped his head and hand in to reach for an apple and was presented with a bag of calfs nuts..

bikebouy
    Free Member

You do have to go around and collect them up when they’ve dropped.
    Crows (around our farm) don’t like them for some reason, we get about 100 or so each season..

core

Collect them up? Try doing that with 1200 or so sets of nadgers. Not happening.

I rarely see them lying around, something must clear them up, be it foxes, badgers, buzzards, crows, ravens………

Drac

The lambs don’t though

It’s not something you do twice to them though.

Matt24k
    Free Member

I had a summer job on a Welsh farm when I was 12. I was handed a set of those pliers and a big bag of rubber rings. I still have mixed feelings about it now.

whitestone
    Free Member

It’s not something you do twice to them though.

The fun starts when you realise that one of the ten month old bullocks is actually still a bull 😯

martinhutch

I was handed a set of those pliers and a big bag of rubber rings. I still have mixed feelings about it now.

Well, you should have used them on the animals, then. 😀

thegreatpotato
    Free Member

Not alarming adverting, but cool that you can buy a statue to commemorate one of our top-five favourite moderators!

thegreatape
    Free Member

Never mind statues, there are numerous websites dedicated to that one of our top five favourite moderators.

Andy_Sweet
    Free Member

It wasn’t that long ago UKIP was coming up in the sidebar advertising for me…… Definitely not a UKIP voter.

dudeofdoom

The other castrating device we used was the Burdizzo – I’ll let you do a search for that

Oww I wish I didnt 🙁

unovolo
    Free Member

I rarely see them lying around, something must clear them up

Viewing 26 posts - 1 through 26 (of 26 total)

The topic ‘Alarming targeted advert on STW….’ is closed to new replies.