Viewing 27 posts - 41 through 67 (of 67 total)
  • Akrigg – Reach too short, stem too long, what tyres?
  • B.A.Nana
    Free Member

Where’s that cairn then?, is it on Skipton Moor?. I immediately recognised the other Skipton quarry bit, but haven’t spotted any Embsay Moor yet. The next segment after Skipton looks to me all on Ilkley Moor, around Rocky Valley, White Wells, all the skids bits around white wells? Then Shipley Glen on Baildon Moor (with Harden Moor snippets spliced in possibly)

chestercopperpot
    Free Member

No bar ends I’m ooooot.

B.A.Nana
    Free Member

FunkyDunc – Member
    Starts up above Skipton, Embsay, then Ilkley Moor,…….

it looks to me like it cuts straight from Skipton to Chris laid in the grass above Ilkley to Rocky Valley on Ilkley Moor. You can spot one of the old college buildings front and centre when the camera switches at the end of Rocky valley. I still don’t see any Embsay in there like others are doing.

molgrips
    Free Member

Not sure I remember seeing a bike like that ridden that fast at the time. The trials stuff though, that was around.

DezB
    Free Member

Not sure I remember seeing a bike like that ridden that fast at the time

Obviously, you never saw noncycler: “That’s pretty much exactly how and what I still ride”, back then. Me neither, to be honest! But I’m impressed from afar.

DezB
    Free Member

I remember those days, of rigid bikes. Just fun riding

idiotdogbrain
    Free Member
    D0NK

^I can’t see any Embsay Crag bits^

1:25 looked like embsay crag to me, but i’ve only ridden it twice so don’t take my word for it.

oxym0r0n

Mongoose had the bike on their stand at crankworx, it’s not as ‘old school’ as it first appears..

Agreed – Looks like an aheadset 1 piece bar/stem + those tyres are modern 2 point somethings + Paul’s love levers?

molgrips
    Free Member

Is it less fun on suspension? Are you forced to ride suspension? Rigid bikes are still available, and they are a lot better than they used to be.

Are you suggesting that what he does in the movie would not be fun on a modern FS?

FunkyDunc
    Free Member

1:25 looked like embsay crag to me

No you can see the dirty great big buildings of Ilkley below.

D0NK

No you can see the dirty great big buildings of Ilkley below.

Yeah, I don’t remember the view, but my propensity for never looking up from the trail has been noted – repeatedly! I did also add the proviso that I’d only been to embsay twice 🙂 so happy to take your word for it

timmys

More info on the bike – limited edition of 5!

27.5 wheels!! I’m OUT.

B.A.Nana
    Free Member

DezB
    Free Member

Sorry, my posts were all quotes from idiot Youtube commenters. 8)
    (Except one)

D0NK

A few modern tweaks include 27.5+ tires,

ruined it

devash
    Free Member

Where’s that cairn then?, is it on Skipton Moor?

Just up from the old quarry, on top of Skipton Moor.

martinhutch

That very first bit down from Skipton Moor is not a ROW, but the bit in the woods/quarry below is near enough to a BW not to matter. TBH I’ve never known anyone else care about the descent from the trig/cairns.

Rest is Ilkley/Shipley Glen isn’t it? Didn’t see any Embsay Crag in there at all.

kerley
    Free Member

(except for the river crossing bit) That’s pretty much exactly how and what I still ride.

Yep, apart from my bike having disc brakes (and no gears) it doesn’t really look a lot different than my bike and the riding I do. I also wear lycra shorts and my Oakley M frames are still going from 15 years ago….

B.A.Nana
    Free Member

Rest is Ilkley/Shipley Glen isn’t it?

And defo Harden Moor after a second view. it looks like, descent off Skipton Moor, descent off Ilkley Moor (Rocky Valley and White Wells), across stepping stones on Wharfe at Ilkley, 1 x Harden Moor drop off, 2 x Harden Moor (or same from dif angles) and 1 x Shipley Glen boulder problems, wheelie along Shipley Glen to Quarry, play in Quarry, looks like another little Harden Moor bit, ride back along Shipley Glen, skid finish in car park on Shipley Glen.

chestrockwell

I still don’t see any Embsay in there like others are doing.

Having watched again I agree it’s Ilkley. First bit after the Skipton section looked like the Embsay descent to the Res at first but not on second look.

senorj

10/10

househusband

Brilliant! Took me back a few years.

Only one other I can think of to watch now:

[video]https://youtu.be/bS5P_LAqiVg[/video]

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

No bar ends I’m ooooot.

NOOB! Bar ends were so new school!

alpin
    Free Member

Akrigg is a very classy/stylish rider. it is he that i aspire to be.

chestercopperpot
    Free Member

@ CaptainFlashheart – Jeezus next you will be moaning it’s not recorded on cine film and every-other format after it was just a lower quality industry ruse to pump money from the masses. Mainly because all your projection gear had a 30 year worthless period and is now on the up after you tipped it a few years back!

Oh yeah no one wanted to sit through your holiday slide projection shows either 😛

[video]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bV1wrsm7CYI[/video]

BigDummy
    Free Member

[video]https://youtu.be/XZlpIQqY9fo[/video]

Bike marketing people: re-make Mud Cows and I will buy whatever product you tell me to. 8)

Viewing 27 posts - 41 through 67 (of 67 total)

The topic ‘Akrigg – Reach too short, stem too long, what tyres?’ is closed to new replies.