Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Airtransat reserving right to change prices AFTER booking?
  • 13thfloormonk

So we’re just toying with the idea of a cheap trip to Vancouver next spring.

As always Airtransat appear cheapest and we’ve never had a problem before but just randomly we noticed this in their Ts & Cs

“We reserve the right to alter the prices of any flights, holidays or products shown in our brochure or on our website. You will be advised of the current price of travel at the time of booking. Government action in the United Kingdom or abroad may require or permit us to collect additional taxes and surcharges at any time prior to commencement of travel.”

This sounds very much like one of those scam ‘Skyscanner’ style websites which advertise lower prices than the actual carriers then bilk you for the extra nearer the time when you can’t back out.

Anyone had any experience with these sort of policies? Is this one of those things that has always existed and I’ve just never noticed?

No point booking a nice cheap return trip if you get stung for the extra later…

benpinnick

Pretty much everyone does this now after the gov dropped new taxes on the holiday companies a few years back. It’s pretty standard.

13thfloormonk

Actually reading my own message I’ve just noticed it says they will advise price of travel at ‘time of booking’ i.e. when you pay, not time of travel. 😳

I think I’m worrying about nothing, it just reminded my of that scam website which advertised cheap rates with the disclaimer that they would recoup any difference between their rate and the actual airline’s rate at time of travel i.e. when it was too late for you to back out!

edit: after reading back again I see what you mean, they can’t change the ‘price’ but can recoup any additional taxes etc. Sounds a lot less risky.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

The topic ‘Airtransat reserving right to change prices AFTER booking?’ is closed to new replies.