• This topic is empty.
Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • Airspring side Fox fork stanchion seals keep leaking oil after service, why?
  • no_eyed_deer
    Free Member

Pretty much every time I complete the 15 hour ‘seal and o-ring’ service on my Fox Forks. I end up with a similar problem in the subsequent ride. Oil leaks form the air spring side stanchion around the dust/oil seal. Sometimes (very rarely) the problem seems to clear up after a few rides, but most often it simply persists and – it is new seal time.

This is getting a bit frustrating!

The only possibility I can think of is that somehow I’m damaging the seal during the service – when I refit the lowers on to the stanchions. Although I can’t quite see how – I’m not completely ham-fisted and generally try to do this as carefully as possible. It’s very hard to get both legs on at the same moment in perfect alignment, with generally a bit of wigging between the two required.

So is the problem me, or the Fox seals? Would I be better off replacing the Fox ones with the Enduro ones or similar – and are these more robust?

Thanks! 🙂

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)

The topic ‘Airspring side Fox fork stanchion seals keep leaking oil after service, why?’ is closed to new replies.