Viewing 16 posts - 41 through 56 (of 56 total)
  • Airports you Like
  • cobrakai

I like EGHI because you can have a beer and actually look at the planes. I thought they were all green*….. It’s when I see them, that I realise why they’re so flicking slow!

gavinpearce
    Free Member

Wellington NZ – can’t tell you what it was like but landing was so sketchy I was glad to be there.

stewartc
    Free Member

HK Airport for me as I can leave my apartment and be airside in 25 minutes.

Singapore’s not bad for a stop-over but I think the sports bar in T1 must be the most expensive beer in Asia, if not the world, its something like 12GBP!

mrlebowski
    Free Member

Zurich.

mrlebowski
    Free Member

Rarotonga is quite cool too..

spekkie
    Free Member

Any airport that has open balconies overlooking jets is good enough for me.

Few and far between nowadays sadly but Gatwick used to have an open roof deck right in amongst the noise and smell and Jo’burg had balconies that where in line with the cockpit windscreens of 747’s.

Bliss to a teenager 🙂

Stoatsbrother
    Free Member

In the UK, London City or Edinburgh
    In Europe, Zurich, or Venice Marco Polo
    In the US, Jackson Hole. DFW isn’t bad though. I cannot understand how BA tolerate JFK T7 being so shitty.

centralscrutinizer
    Free Member

MME 😀

CaptJon
    Free Member

Ivalo, Finland. A tiny place with fantastic reindeer pie. You can see the door out to the plane from the check-in desk.

Hong Kong is nice, especially as they have a relaxation room away from the gates which do 30 min massages for $25.

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

Any airport that has open balconies overlooking jets is good enough for me.

About the only redeeming feature of ATL!

And Sweetwater 420 on tap….

DrJ

Of the frequently visited ones my favourite is Schiphol.

Doha is completely different if you go from the squalour of the hoi pilloi area to the business lounge.

The OP’s fave Oslo is nice and clean but the smallest snack will cost you a mint and every transfer seems to involve a massive trek.

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

the hoi pilloi

chewkw
    Free Member

Airports you Like

Dubai coz I can shop and see weird people. 😆

Brunei airport coz I can walk out to the nearest food stalk for good traditional food.

Oh ya Royal Brunei Airline is amongst the best airline in the world. I would fly them but they only fly from Heathrow.

KLIA coz it just so South East Asia …

Borneo airport coz I am home … 🙂

DrJ

the hoi pilloi

Yeah, but writing ‘the pilloi area’ looked weird 🙂

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

😆

Lionheart
    Free Member

I have been in way too many airports, agreed on most being ugly, Heathrow being the most unpleasant I can think of. Some are spectacular, Wellington, Madrid, Singapore. some down right weird. All are dramatically improved with business class lounges. My favourites are now the small ones though some of those are worse than bus stations. Little airfields are great, White Waltham, Oaksey Park, Wickenby, quite a few others..

Viewing 16 posts - 41 through 56 (of 56 total)

The topic ‘Airports you Like’ is closed to new replies.