Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • Airports – a mixed bag today.
  • thegreatape
    Free Member

Dulles – surprisingly easy going for Americans this time.

Heathrow – security found traces of explosives in my hand luggage. Half an hour and two supervisors later they discovered that the traces of explosives were on their mans hands and not my bag. Just made it to the gate as it closed with 3 grumpy and now un-breakfasted children.

Glasgow – nice to be nearly home, just the car ride up the road. Except LHR didn’t manage to put the baby seat on the plane with the luggage. Thumbs up to the BA missing luggage lady who gave us a brand new one (which they don’t require back – hello eBay!)

Beer o’clock now…

molgrips
    Free Member

Thumbs up to the BA missing luggage lady who gave us a brand new one

And people complain about BA! They’ve always gone out of their way for me, but that does sound exceptional.

pingu66
    Free Member

Good work from BA but I would be worried about someone in security with traces of explosives on his hands.

thegreatape
    Free Member

He was sent off to the bogs to wash his hands by his gaffer, while I got an apology 🙂

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

I like Dulles, apart from those silly buses!

notmyrealname
    Free Member

Good work from BA but I would be worried about someone in security with traces of explosives on his hands.

There’s things that can confuse the sniffer machines and show up as explosives. I can’t remember off the top of my head what they are though!
    The whole thing with supervisors and extra checks it just to make sure everything’s ok. It’s a fairly regular occurrence at a busy airport like Heathrow.

taka
    Free Member

thegreatape
    Free Member

Yes, it was only missing breakfast that bothered me.

tonyg2003

No more silly busses at Dulles. They were “quirky”

mikewsmith
    Free Member

Melbourne domestic managed to check in 4 hrs early and get into the lounge free beer but in the air for first half of the rugby so mixed bag here too

br
    Free Member

Glasgow – nice to be nearly home, just the car ride up the road. Except LHR didn’t manage to put the baby seat on the plane with the luggage. Thumbs up to the BA missing luggage lady who gave us a brand new one (which they don’t require back – hello eBay!)

But if they lost yours wouldn’t you be keeping this one?

And BA is usually the answer, when asked who would I recommend to fly with.

bencooper
    Free Member

There’s things that can confuse the sniffer machines and show up as explosives. I can’t remember off the top of my head what they are though!

Playing cards are a common one, because of the nitrocellulose coating.

It’s is like the customs version of the old joke – “Doctor, it hurts when I poke my neck, my side, and my thigh – do you know what’s wrong with me?” “Yes, you’ve broken your finger.”

thegreatape
    Free Member

b r

It came off the first plane, didn’t get put on the second plane to Glasgow, so they’re quite sure it’ll be back with us in a couple of days. Rather than completely disappeared.

bruneep

When we lost our booster seat going to Orlando with BA we got a free hire of one there and $50 compensation. We were advised to ask at BA lost n found desk at gatwick on the way back, it was there.

No complaints, free hire and $50 the better off.

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)

The topic ‘Airports – a mixed bag today.’ is closed to new replies.