Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Airline changed my travel day
  • Andy_B

Hello, hoping someone can help me:

Booked flights back in March for travel around Christmas and went to check something at the weekend. One of my return flights has been changed to the following day (Friday AM instead of Thursday AM). The Thursday flight has been cancelled.

Does anyone know what I am entitled to? Preference is to end up in my destination at the expected time which could be achieved by an additional flight and flying from a different airport but the airline is not offering this or anything else other than rebooking on available flights with them.

allthegear
    Free Member

Sounds to me like you’re delayed by 24 hours…

captainsasquatch
    Free Member

Did you give them a specific reason why you had to travel on the Thursday? If not, they’re propably covered in the T&Cs

wobbliscott
    Free Member

Pretty sure there will be small print in the T&C’s saying the airline reserves the right to change schedules at their convenience. They may have had to cancel the flight for reasons outside their control so wont take the risk on that.

Gary_M
    Free Member

They’ll be something in your T&C’s that says flights can be subject to change.

Andy_B

Cheers Jim, that gives some ideas. I’m not on an EU flight but it points me the right way.

wobbliscott
    Free Member

I bet this is not considered a delay or a cancellation. They are formal legally defined terms and won’t apply to this which is something along the lines of a schedule change. If you turn up to the airport and check in and they flight is delayed or cancelled then it is a formal delay or cancellation.

vanilla83
    Free Member

If you booked through a travel agent get them to argue for you – they have more power than you. If you booked privately with the airline, then argue more – they will, if you push, rebook you on partner airlines or codeshares. If you booked online with a web only agent like Opodo then good luck! Hopefully you are somewhere nice for an extra 24 hours

Source – I used to be a travel agent

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

The topic ‘Airline changed my travel day’ is closed to new replies.