Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 43 total)
  • Airing your dirty washing in public .Why ?
  • oldfart

Guess it's my age but why do people have to announce to the world via the internet when something happens to them .Examples ;i've been dumped , i'll tell everyone on Facebook i had an altercation with joe bloggs ,i'll put it on STW etc etc .Life throws crap at you now and again .Some big stuff quite a lot of small stuff .Why the need to share with people you may not know ?Go see your friends ,they can often get you through these things .Mostly just get on with it !

wwaswas

Airing your pet hates in public. Why?

😉

Junkyard
    Free Member

because we have no real world friends to actually discuss our inner world with so the faux concerns of virtual strangers makes us feel loved and popular?
    OR
    Sue pollard syndrome? – Inability to experience embarassment?

BigDummy
    Free Member

You don't of course need to have it pointed out to you that here you are, sharing a pointless, whiney and badly punctuated opinion with millions of people who literally wouldn't notice or care if you drowned in the bath this evening.

At least with "She's left me, and taken the llama. What next?" we get to have a laugh. 🙂

Talkemada
    Free Member

Guess it's my age…

😉

Sometimes someone might find it easier to pour their heart out to relative strangers, than people close to them. I see nothing wrong with this. Using an internet forum may put you in contact with others going through the same thing, or empathise with you. Others may have experience of certain issues your friends and family might not.

It's good to share…

chewkw
    Free Member

I am shy! look at me! Look at me!

or

Look at me! Look at me! I am shy!

or

Blame others.

or

I want it now and I want it yesterday.

or

Let me tell you what is good for you.

😆

barnsleymitch
    Free Member

I'm Jeremy Kyle – you're a **** 😆

binners

I only exist on the internet

PenrodPooch
    Free Member
    mt
    Free Member

Because the washing line is in the garden and can be seen by all and sundry. Whats all the above guff about, it was a simple question.

BigDummy
    Free Member

But why didn't you wash it first?

IanMunro
    Free Member

You won't be able to blame those pant streaks on bird poo.

chewkw
    Free Member

BigDummy – Member

But why didn't you wash it first?

You mean the skid marks? 😆

buzz-lightyear
    Free Member

" pour their heart out to relative strangers"

yeah

Actually I'm fighting against Facebook for this very reason.

Talkemada
    Free Member

Yeah, but you can choose to read something or not.

Something like the Petesgaff thread shows just how someone reaching out for a bit of support can bring out the best in folk. The internet is a wonderful means of communication, so why not use it to communicate?

Aside from the obvious irony in the OP, I don't really see his point, tbh.

mt
    Free Member

Wash? Whats that? A good airing once a year is all you need. I find that those brown streaks add a bit of colour.

Talkemada
    Free Member

Actually, why the hang up over someone expressing that they are not, in fact, a perfect, infallible entity, but a flawed, imperfect Human Being?

Takes some courage to open your emotions up to others. Maybe some just don't understand that, and are a bit repressed, perhaps?

chewkw
    Free Member

mt – Member

Wash? Whats that? A good airing once a year is all you need. I find that those brown streaks add a bit of colour.

PSML. I nearly chocked on my coffee.

There should be a warning sign on STW forum sometimes.

😆

p/s: some "mates" asked me to join FaceFook a while back but told them to call me instead. They didn't. So one less bother for me in life. i.e. less stress from information processing.

Mounty_73

Because people can?

Because people want to?

Freedom of speach?

People choose to?

Because its a public forum?

Lots of different reasons… 🙂

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Irony

chewkw
    Free Member

or because they have no shame?

or because they think you care?

or because they think the world revolves around them?

😆

sockpuppet

ironing? what's that? oh yes, a laundry themed thread, i see…

DezB
    Free Member

I'm sure he meant "linen" anyway.

Spankmonkey
    Free Member

Some people bleat on forums for a good reason, if I moaned every day at my wife she would divorce me… bleating on here, you cant… simples 🙂

Winging about why people winge on forums.. 2 wrongs dont make a right 😉

Jezkidd
    Free Member

Argue argue argue….. THAT'S IT; we're sorting this out on jeremy Kyle!

TooTall
    Free Member

because some people are attention whores and will do anything to draw attention to themselves?

buzz-lightyear
    Free Member

"they think the world revolves around them?"

Unambitious. I am at the centre of my universe Mwaaaaahhahahhhahaa!

No seriously, sometimes you just need someone to listen. Talking about your weaknesses can be hard so it's seems cruel to push people away when they do. If you can't relate to that, then don't read or reply.

barnsleymitch
    Free Member

Did I mention that I have a boil on my mens parts, and also that the said parts are very very small?

BigDummy
    Free Member

The internet is glad you shared that Mitch. We appreciate it isn't something you could ever tell your wife. Do you feel better?

barnsleymitch
    Free Member

Marginally. And I lied about the boil 😥

molgrips
    Free Member

some "mates" asked me to join FaceFook a while back but told them to call me instead. They didn't

Your loss, is it not?

Kit
    Free Member

The relative anonymity of internet forums means those who are normally shy in real life can express themselves more freely. STW is a community too, and people feel comfortable asking for advice from strangers.

The more people I get to meet off STW in real life, the less likely I am to talk about personal problems on here. Plus I tend to upset people when I air particular dirty laundry (usually the big jockstrap 😉 )

chewkw
    Free Member

barnsleymitch – Member

Did I mention that I have a boil on my mens parts, and also that the said parts are very very small?

(on loud speakers) Small parts! Everyone! Look! (pointing and staring while directing all the paparazzi to give maximum exposure)

😆

p/s:

molgrips – Member

some "mates" asked me to join FaceFook a while back but told them to call me instead. They didn't

Your loss, is it not?

Nope! Not sure if joining the MyFaceFook is more important or simply announcing to the world how good/rich they are now.

PracticalMatt
    Free Member

I like it because being a married bloke drifting into middle age I don't really have many friends, just people I know through something in common and other couples that my wife and I see semi-regularly.

This forum makes me feel like I've got a room full of mates that at least share a little bit of my outlook on life and therefore are able to offer help and advice that I rarley have time to sit down and get in the'real world' where I buzz around like a blue 4rsed fly trying to earn a living and keep my hosuehold ticking over.

chewkw
    Free Member

I am not shy yet not good in "hot air" chatting with chicks. Get bomb out all the time. You know the silence … cannot really think of a good topic to talk if she is hot.

😆

molgrips
    Free Member

They don't sound like good mates then 🙂

Oh and my parts are sort of average sized.

cinnamon_girl

Interesting question. Many reasons really. Friends can have enough of their own problems to deal with so don't need anything else. Men, and yes I'm being sexist here, often have trouble discussing problems with their (male) friends. STW can offer anonymity.

This is a broad church and everyone is dealing with difficulties of some description. I personally have received a lot of advice/support in the past when I strugged big-time with a situation.

Families are often the cause of the problem. An outsider can look at things clearly and without passing judgement.

Am always happy to listen to people, whether face-to-face or by e-mail. Nobody should feel alone and I genuinely mean that.

Woody
    Free Member

I blame the death of the local pub.

You could sort everything out over a fag and a pint 😥

simonfbarnes
    Free Member

if a trouble shared is a trouble halved, a trouble broadcast is a trouble forgotten :o) End of.

simonfbarnes
    Free Member

I blame the death of the local pub.

say WHAT??? I can count 20 within easy walking distance of here (Lancaster)

cinnamon_girl

Yeah well that coz of the stoodents innit?

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 43 total)

The topic ‘Airing your dirty washing in public .Why ?’ is closed to new replies.