Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • Airdrop Edit – who has one?
  • jamesfts
    Free Member

As the title suggests, after a bit of a fall out with Commencal and not being a fan of the way it gets through travel regardless of shock setup I’ve lost the love for my V3.

Top of the list of replacements at the moment is the Airdrop Edit, price and numbers look good on paper and the reviews seem to back that up. As an added bonus everything should bolt straight over from the V3.

Only issue I see is them not taking a stealth dropper but that’s nothing a drill won’t sort out and sound like it’s something they may be looking into in the future.

Anyone with any real world experience of them?

jamesfts
    Free Member

Anyone?

chrishc777
    Free Member

I do, it’s awesome

bearnecessities

NickC has one (lovely chap he is 🙂 ). There’s a thread somewhere.

Edit* ’ere you go

*tee-hee

nickc

he is correct, for it is me…

what do you want to know about it?

summary: very capable, can push you quite hard, is faster than I’ll ever be, and is the bike I’ve crashed the most on! Has unashamedly taken the best bits of various designs, the geometry is just so, as is the suss design, nothing is groundbreaking. It’s not stealth routed for the dropper, (a good thing in my book). It’s just as happy doing a day’s uplift at Antur as it is doing my regular 25 mile jalopies around the Pennines, I love mine, it’s bloody epic.

If there’s anything you want to know specifically, just let me know

neil853
    Free Member

Yes, love mine email if you have any specific questions

jamesfts
    Free Member

Thanks for the replies, good to hear some positive feedback.

Sounds promising, just needs to be more progressive than the V3 and I’ll be happy.

Will try to find one locally to throw my leg over.

chrishc777
    Free Member

Very very progressive, had to take spacers out of the shock

honourablegeorge

nickc – Member

It’s not stealth routed for the dropper, (a good thing in my book)

Why would that be a good thing? Seems a major oversight on a modern frame to me. I mean, fair enough if you don’t want to use it, or have an externally routed post, but lots of folks will want it.

chrishc777
    Free Member

Externally routed posts are easier to service and remove etc. Plus if you’re buying frame only and moving bits over from another bike you’re more likely to have an external one.

jamesfts
    Free Member

Very very progressive

That’s exactly what I wanted to hear!

As for the no stealth routing, it’s probably my only gripe. Though I’ve drilled a few frames in the passed and would’nt have a problem doing the same again.

honourablegeorge

chrishc777 – Member
    Externally routed posts are easier to service and remove etc. Plus if you’re buying frame only and moving bits over from another bike you’re more likely to have an external one.

I get that Just don’t see why you’d fail to provide the option for folks who have internal droppers, or want to upgrade to one, or build a new bike. For the sake of drilling a hole.

chrishc777
    Free Member

Agreed on that, if it was me I’d provide routing for both.

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)

The topic ‘Airdrop Edit – who has one?’ is closed to new replies.