• This topic has 4 replies, 4 voices, and was last updated 6 years ago by Crag.
Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Airdrop Edit owners – a favour please
  • Crag
    Free Member

Evening,

I’ve recently picked up a V1 Edit from the wonderful classifieds and have been looking at the dropper options out there and am thinking about maybe going with an internal routed one.

Obviously, with the frame being a V1 this would mean drilling the frame.

I’ve been in touch with James at Airdrop who’s been great and while not recommending, he reckons drilling the frame in the same spot where the V2 is routed should be fine. Trouble is, I’m not entirely sure where this is routed. James has sent a picture but it’s still not clear.

Was wondering if anyone would mind sending or posting up a couple of images which shows exactly where the cables run please before I go wild with the Dewalt.

Cheers

oldtalent
    Free Member

I will email you a pic, it’s quite a faff to post pics on here

jamesfts
    Free Member

Out of interest where is the V2 drilled?

I drilled mine underneath towards the bottom of the down tube was the tidiest way I could see.

dizcostix
    Free Member

I have a v1 edit in large and considered doing the same. I got the same message back from Ed that it ‘should’ be ok. The v2 actually has dropper cable guides on the main down tube so makes a tidier routing solution too.

In the end i went for a fox transfer external dropper which was the tidiest solution and less faff for fitting and removing.

Also,, you’ll probably want to drill a drainage hole in the BB (which the v2 has) otherwise you’ll end up killing BBs more frequently if you ride in wet weather.

Crag
    Free Member

Cheers discostix, appreciate it.
    Was gonna drill the bb shell, but more considering it for routing the dropper cable than drainage hole.
    Bit to think about…..

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

The topic ‘Airdrop Edit owners – a favour please’ is closed to new replies.