Viewing 21 posts - 81 through 101 (of 101 total)
  • Airdrop Bikes, Uk based FWIW
  • legend
    Free Member

it cheeses me off when folk put time and money into doing something and all people can do is pick at it.

tbf, it probably didn’t take him long to open the catalogue and point to the one he wanted

sq225917
    Free Member

Ed has a nice frame there, the details are well thought out, even if his website doesn’t perfectly reflect the current state of everything. It’s tough being a one man band, no doubt about that. But he’s taken that big step of striking out on his own and doing it.

Hat’s off to the guy, I’d ride one

deviant
    Free Member

Looks long and low, I like it, 150mm out back with a 160mm fork sounds about perfect for racing, uplift days etc.
    Spoiled for choice now….Codeine, Aeris, Airdrop, Empire, Rocket etc….almost wish I hadn’t bought that Trance earlier this year!

wrecker
    Free Member

As a former bridge designer, yes, yes and thrice yes to the above.

As someone who used to have to do bridge demolition calculations; up yours! 😀

Spoiled for choice now….Codeine, Aeris, Airdrop, Empire, Rocket etc….almost wish I hadn’t bought that Trance earlier this year!

I’d sooner own a trance than any of those.

tpbiker
    Free Member

Where are the rolling chassis?

The bundles are a frame and fork and nothing else from what I can see. And the Frame and fork is 700 quid more than just the frame…which dosn’t look like a great deal (although the frame on its own looks great value)

Or maybe I’m reading it wrong…

anagallis_arvensis

Dont know but I would guess an email would get the question answered

thisisnotaspoon
    Free Member

As a former bridge designer, yes, yes and thrice yes to the above.

Could be worse, I design bits of oil refineries (or at least that’s what I tell people). So no one outside the industry has a clue who I work for, what I do, and how the price they pay for petrol has absolutely nothing to do with me.

mindmap3
    Free Member

I thnk it looks pretty good. I like the fact that the cables and dropper hose are all external, proper BB etc.

It’ll be tough but he can hopefully make a good go of it like some of the other small uk companies.

thegreatape
    Free Member

Where are the rolling chassis?

The bundles are a frame and fork and nothing else from what I can see. And the Frame and fork is 700 quid more than just the frame…which dosn’t look like a great deal (although the frame on its own looks great value)

Or maybe I’m reading it wrong…

It’s not clear is it, but the Frames section shows just the frame + shock, the Bikes section shows complete bikes, and the Bundles section shows frame + shock + fork + headset + reverb + chainset.

While it would be daft to assume that’s what is included, I wonder why you would set the images like that if it wasn’t?

tpbiker
    Free Member

I thought so myself, and it looked great value. But nowhere does it mention anything about anything other than the fork, and the pic also shows a crank, which at £300 quid alone defo wont be included.

I was all excited for a bit there…

thegreatape
    Free Member

Still a work in progress I guess! Worth keeping an eye on though.

philxx1975
    Free Member

questioning someone who knows the designer,

Sounds like your trying to gain some credibility here

Big deal you know a designer…..YAWN

thepodge
    Free Member

philxx1975 – Member
    questioning someone who knows the designer,
    Sounds like your trying to gain some credibility here

Big deal you know a designer…..YAWN

feel clever do you now your cock is out and you can wave it all around

read the thread you ****.

I dont know him, others on here have worked with him.

cokie

I know a designer too 8)
    Not sure it’ll help my credibility though..

Lets get the thread back on topic! Brant, have you let the chap know about this thread? Would be great to hear from him. Always like to read input from the guys behind the brand/design (e.g.- You, Ben, Andy & Cy).

philxx1975
    Free Member

I know a designer too
    Not sure it’ll help my credibility though..

Lets get the thread back on topic! Brant, have you let the chap know about this thread? Would be great to hear from him. Always like to read input from the guys behind the brand/design (e.g.- You, Ben, Andy & Cy).

I think that’ the only thread Mr Bridge designer thrice (oooh look at me ) never elucidated his pearls of wisdom on in the history of STW, having said that there were a fair few REAL bike designers in that one, so was probably outgunned

brant
    Free Member

I’m fairly sure that Ed is aware of this thread. He’s smart. Will have his google-alerts and vanity searches set up. And perhaps he’s smarter than me at getting dragged into keyboard wars 😉

Stevet1
    Free Member

<flicks rice crispies in Eds direction>

cokie

^ 😆

v666ern
    Free Member

And perhaps he’s smarter than me at getting dragged into keyboard wars

[fishing]I wonder what the seatpost insertion depth is for the edit a la commencal thread [fishing]

😆

anagallis_arvensis

Now available in orange

Viewing 21 posts - 81 through 101 (of 101 total)

The topic ‘Airdrop Bikes, Uk based FWIW’ is closed to new replies.