Viewing 16 posts - 1 through 16 (of 16 total)
  • Airbnb have cancelled our lodge this weekend…
  • dmck16
    Free Member

My girlfriend and I managed to book this weekend off work to have a peaceful couple of days away. Booked a wee lodge on the Solway Firth coast earlier this week.

We have just received an email this morning saying that the booking will be fully refunded due to a “technical issue” concerning pricing – but we can rebook the lodge for three times the price instead!
    As far as I’m concerned that’s just bait advertising, and will investigate that when home from work this aft,but regardless…

…does anyone have any ideas or anywhere to offer? Willing to travel most of Scotland or Northern England.

Long shot, but thought I’d ask. Cheers everyone.

Drac
    myopic
    Free Member

We have used this place just outside Newton Stewart several times and always had a great time. Kirroughtree is close by and there is other good riding and walking in the area. Nice hotel at Creebridge 5 mins walk away and the owners will lock up your bikes in their storage area. Also pet friendly and you can take your dog if you have one.
    https://www.cottageguide.co.uk/holmparkfarm/

Northwind

You could try conifers at newton stewart

DezB
    Free Member

Shit! That is shocking behaviour dmck16!
    Name and shame. Is AirBnB all private residences gathered on a website? OR any other companies involved?

matt_outandabout

Airbnb have cancelled our lodge

They have not.

The owners have.

Get onto AirBnB – they can get rid of folk who mess you around like this.

MagicNumber8
    Free Member

We have an Air BnB room available this weekend (just one room, I’m afraid, rather than a whole cottage/lodge). Based in the South Lakes, just outside Ulverston. Send me an email if you’d like any more info.

gavtheoldskater
    Free Member

if you want west cornwall my place is free this weekend…

http://www.littlebeachhouse.co.uk

off season we only charge £75/night for a super late booking, or £90/night booked in advance.

Tell me about airbnb though. i booked a room in stratford for ride london in early march. a week, one whole week, before ride london i had notification it had been cancelled. i got straight onto the host who knew nothing about it. i kicked off at airbnb and they admitted it was their fault and that they had overwritten my booking with another. they refunded me and then gave me something like 150 or 200quid credit and i booked the only room that i could find that also looked half decent.

here comes the good bit… you know thosde tabloid stories you read about people booking airbnb rooms and having all night parties? well fri night was ok, it was a shared house so quiet, but on sat i should have twigged when i heard many people carrying bottles going up the stairs. i joked to my wife when i called her that they would regret it when i had to get up at 4am and that i wouldnt be quiet, which turned out to be quite ironic as the party was still in full swing. so i didnt get any sleep and when i had to leave at 5am to go to the start i was seriously scared about leaving the house with an expensive bike so literally i waited until the hall was empty and legged it. and then i rode 100miles on no sleep, thanks airbnb.

and if that wasnt enough airbnb hassle, the day i got home from london i got an email that an august week booked via airbnb in my house, starting the week after, was cancelled with no penalty. fortunatly i found a latebooking but i still lost hundereds for a week i can book a dozen times over via my own website.

anyhow, i wouldnt take that excuse from them op, shout at them and demand credit. and if you want cornwall give me a shout and i’ll go down and put the heat on for you and make sure the log stove has a nice pile of fuel to buirn whilst you sit watching the surf crash on the reef infront of the house!! ; )

sandwicheater

Bookmarks for gav’s gaff, looks a treat.

DezB
    Free Member

gav’s Cornwall gaff noted for later 🙂

(Why did we both say “gaff”?? 😆 )

Quite far west that isn’t it!

bikebouy
    Free Member

Gav, is yours the little white clapboard cottage on the right on the hill looking from the surf shop car park??

Nice spot !

hot_fiat

@Drac, my wife’s, best friend’s parents used to own that. It looks awesome now!

Drac

Small world hot_fiat.

dufresneorama
    Free Member

I’ve been worrying about the 3 airbnbs I have booked for our Jan holiday in Slovakia and Hungary. I’ve never used it before, but have been messaging the hosts regularly with our travel plans just to keep our bookings in their minds!

If you end up down Newton Stewart way then I recommend eating at both House o Hill hotel and Marrbury Smoke House.

nedrapier

Get onto airbnb. They hate negative behaviour and negative experiences and will do what they can to help you out.

matt_outandabout

We use AirBnB for main holidays and for work stays and have done for three years. We are yet to have a cancellation or issue.

Viewing 16 posts - 1 through 16 (of 16 total)

The topic ‘Airbnb have cancelled our lodge this weekend…’ is closed to new replies.