Viewing 21 posts - 1 through 21 (of 21 total)
  • Air Source Heat Pumps – Anyone Got One?
  • dirtyrider
    Free Member

got issues with mine, bought a house with one, now its not working and i cannot find an installer/plumber that deals with them

Lincolnshire area

cheers

jonahtonto
    Free Member

try an air-conditioner engineer. they are basically the same thing

bennn
    Free Member

What’s it doing/ not doing?

Edit; not in Scunthorpe is it!?

brickwizard
    Free Member

My neighbour got one…. Noisy dam thing

Spin
    Free Member

My neighbour got one…. Noisy dam thing

My mates had to get planning permission for theirs.

Thrustyjust
    Free Member

What make and any fault codes?

dirtyrider
    Free Member

Edit; not in Scunthorpe is it!?

ummmmm Blyton?

dirtyrider
    Free Member

What make and any fault codes?

Dream

EE 03
    EE05

matt_outandabout

Meh.
    If you are on mains gas, that is cheaper to run and lower carbon.
    If in countryside with eleccy only, they rock.

dirtyrider
    Free Member

no mains gas

bennn
    Free Member

Ah, we’ve had loads of trouble with Kingspan units at a development in Scunny, at least its not one of those.

Afraid I’ve never heard of Dream, you probably have already, but have you googled the unit and fault code list, maybe something simple like low water pressure?

boxelder

2 minutes googling and I’d be contacting this fella: http://www.nsmithplumbing.co.uk/technology.html
    ask him for his advice/tips.

We’ve got a heat pump (Cumbria). Initially serviced by the guy that installed it, now dealt with by a plumber who’s taught himself how to deal with them. They’re not that complex, so any competent plumber should manage. Annual service needed for the warranty.
    Good luck.

dirtyrider
    Free Member

thanks and thanks,

whats the estate in scunthorpe? as i guess they are much of a muchness?

dirtyrider
    Free Member

it does seem like a pressure issue based on the codes, however i have no idea how to alter this as the system seems to have remenants of the old system as well so i dont know what links to what

cheers

Thrustyjust
    Free Member

Sorry , never heard of ‘Dream’ Most of that style are possibly rebadged Chinese stuff, which limits dealers and support. Good luck in getting it sorted.

yunki
    Free Member

Our old place had one from new, but we never had cause to have anyone out to look at it..

Thrustyjust
    Free Member

Sorry , never heard of ‘Dream’ Most of that style are possibly rebadged Chinese stuff, which limits dealers and support. Good luck in getting it sorted.
    Edited
    It seems a water pressure issue rather than a refrigerant issues. How is the system pressured? Is there a gauge showing the pressure in the system of water?

dirtyrider
    Free Member

It’s one of these

http://www.dreamheatpumps.co.uk/index.html

I’ve no idea how to adjust the pressure, the gauge on the bottom left of the side of the unit doesn’t look very high, but I’ve no instructions so I don’t know what the operating pressure or how to adjust

Thrustyjust
    Free Member

Thats where I got the fault code from. Probably best to call them and ask about pressure adjustment and settings. They may even have a commissioning pack, which they could email you, which should have that info in there.

dirtyrider
    Free Member

Cheers

sharkbait
    Free Member

From the web site:
    SALES AND ADVICE : 0845 459 9820
    (Calls cost 3p per minute)

Way to go getting people to buy from you! I’d run a mile with that attitude. Hope you get sorted OP.

Viewing 21 posts - 1 through 21 (of 21 total)

The topic ‘Air Source Heat Pumps – Anyone Got One?’ is closed to new replies.