Viewing 16 posts - 41 through 56 (of 56 total)
  • Air rifles
  • wysiwyg
    Free Member

20 yds to be useful. Just make sure you’ve got a pellet trap and back stop

br
    Free Member

You can get low-powered rifles, and tbh as long as if there are folk around you don’t shoot – you’ll be fine.

I built my son a range in one of our outbuildings. Its 10m and I got a couple of pellet traps, work really well. Plus have added lights now. We are lucky where we are, as behind us we’ve a burn in a deep gulley, has no access so pretty good for shooting – my neighbour has a 100m range for his rifles 🙂

cranberry
    Free Member

Josh – may you soon get the maturity and common sense to work out that you should never point a weapon at another person, never mind shoot them with it.

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    rogg
    Free Member

*paces out garden, Google’s ‘pellet traps’*

br
    Free Member

ebay item Number – 140574996812

Delivered quickly and work real well.

lazybike
    Free Member

Air Arms TX200hc .177 for me, I don’t hunt, just plinking and HFT comps. Find a local club and go along for a chat, you’ll get good advice and get to try some guns.

sbob
    Free Member

wysiwyg – Member

The Directors of Theoben Limited having reviewed the financial position of the Company have taken the decision to take the necessary steps to place the Company into Creditors Voluntary Liquidation.

oh i…

That is sad.
    Not only do (did!) they make exquisite rifles, they are local to me and I used to make parts for them. 🙁

br
    Free Member

That is sad.
    Not only do (did!) they make exquisite rifles, they are local to me and I used to make parts for them.

I wonder how much the restrictions on online/catalogue sales impacted them, and airgun sales in general?

wysiwyg
    Free Member

I think there was a guy on here said he used to make rapid 7 parts. Unless that was you.

flip
    Free Member

Ok so thanks for all the advice, been hanging around airgun forums too and bought an Air Arms s200 with multi shot conversion, Hawke 4-12×40 scope and Jack Pyke slip.

Second hand bargin from Bates Stafford.

sharkbait
    Free Member

Nice one Flip. I’ve got the same gun and it’s viciously accurate (and fugly too which is cool!).

Clong
    Free Member

Nice piece of kit. You’ll need to look recharging stuff, either a diving bottle or a stirrup pump. I use a stirrup pump, but it takes a bit of effort at 200 odd bar.

Scapegoat

Shibboleth – Member
    My HW100 is just below the FAC limit of 12ft/lb. It’s a very simple job to convert it so it shoots at around 20ft/lbs but I’ve never had any problems with it in standard form.
    When you start tinkering with them, there’s a payoff in terms of how many rounds between charges and I’m told they lose accuracy if you go too powerful.
    Awesome gun though. The Airarms mentioned above is a cracker too for a springer, heavy but nicely balanced.

#

Just a word of warning about being tempted to “easily convert it to 20 ft/lb. If you do without the necessary certificate you commit an offence with a mandatory prison sentence.

On a lighter note, nice rifle flip.

My lad has a .22 cal BSA lightning XL tactical. It’s a black plastic stocked carbine springer, with a thumbhole tactical stock. It has a built in moderator, and is so well made/balanced he could shoot it off the hand at age 12. Using RWS Superdomes I could group it in a 5p sized target at 20 metres.

Last time we went out he shot a dozen bunnies with it, all head shots up to 35-40 metres. It went over the chrono at 11.5ft/lb last time I had it checked.

I used to have a PCP /177 Daystate. Accurate, but heavy and expensive. Now I can’t justify anything more than his BSA.

sharkbait
    Free Member

You’ll need to look recharging stuff, either a diving bottle or a stirrup pump

i managed to get a couple of full diving bottles – makes life very much easier.

flip
    Free Member

The guy gave me a dive bottle too £420 for the lot, well chuffed, it is accurate i’ve been in the garden with it.

I’m loving the multi shot 8)

BigButSlimmerBloke
    Free Member

Ok guys, fire away
    targets are 6′, formulae for using the mil-dots are on the page

Viewing 16 posts - 41 through 56 (of 56 total)

The topic ‘Air rifles’ is closed to new replies.