Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Air pressure in rockshox monarch plus rc3
  • granny_ring

Close to 14 stone all up in riding gear.
    Trying to set up the new build – Trance 27.5 and inflate to 50,100 & 150lb and cycle the shock a couple of times at each stage then the pump/me struggle to get past 220lb.
    Took the bike for quick spin around the block and rear shock is still too soft, so thinking it’ll need 240ish?

Does that much pressure sound right for this shock?
    I’ve only used RP3/23s before and the pressure would be much lower than that.

Cheers

konanige

16 stone here and was running 310psi in my rc3 debonair, they’re good to 350psi it says on the side of my aircan!

granny_ring

Does it lol, I missed that!
    It really was hard work to get over 200lbs, maybe I need to man up 😀

zippykona

I’m 12 stone and running 250 psi and that still sags a lot.
    Not sure how Elmer Yankburger would get on with a monarch shock.

granny_ring

I’m wondering if the rubber air seal in the shock pump is a bit dry….
    If I can get it apart should I oil or grease it?

Scienceofficer
    Free Member

Aparently they ride better sagged further than you would normally expect. I’m 14.5 togged up, and started with 220 at 35% sag. Couldn’t get it to bottom out though.

6 bottomless tokens in and I’m now running 195 @35% sag and it’s close. Probably there with a few harder landings.

nickdavies

Which mode are you in. On mine, I find open is pretty much useless, there’s just no support unless I fill it with air and then it’s like a pogo stick on jumps.

Mine is max 275 psi, tend to run it about 220 I’m a similar weight. Always in the middle trail mode. 2 volume reducers in the can. Does depend a lot on the frame and the tune of the shock everybody’s settings will differ.

granny_ring

Cheers for the advice on settings and tokens, as I said it’s a new to me frame.
    Think it was on the open setting and seemed to sag to 40% or more so I’ll try the middle setting and take it from there.
    Cheers.

granny_ring

Well, I put some oil on rubber o ring on the piston inside the pump and it was a lot easier to inflate to 250lb will test later if rain holds off 🙂

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

The topic ‘Air pressure in rockshox monarch plus rc3’ is closed to new replies.