• This topic has 7 replies, 4 voices, and was last updated 13 years ago by MSP.
Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Air-mats
  • cynic-al
    Free Member

I was about to buy a new bivvi bag then realsied I owned one that’s actually perfect for my needs (600gm and has anti-midge mesh).

I tried it out last night with new 800gm down bag in the back garden, got a little cold and came back in halfway through the night. Fair bit of condensation in the bag 😮

Anyway I reckon I can sell my existing thermarests and get one of the new-fangled super lightweight super thick ones. Alpkit do a 3/4 for £40 that looks good but I’d really like full length and thermarests are £100…is there anything in between?

cynic-al
    Free Member

Oops I see the Alpkit one is in fact 180cm long so I’ll go for that.

Is there a market for SH thermarests?

stills8tannorm
    Free Member

If they’re in good condition then I don’t see why not … you won’t regret going with an air bed.

cynic-al
    Free Member

Just checked on Ebay, the high price of therma’s appears to give them a good re-sale value.

Now all I need is a tarp…ex army is the way apparently?

MSP

Thermarest neoair are excellent, the cheaper copies really are not in the same league, worth spending the extra IMO.

cynic-al
    Free Member

GEoffJ cheers, no weight listed there, are they light?

MSP: Have you used the Alpkit numo?

MSP

I haven’t I bit the bullet on a neoair large last year, because I like a bit extra width on my mat, the numo is too narrow for me. I have no doubt that the numo is a good mat, but still recon the neoair will be better at a cost.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

The topic ‘Air-mats’ is closed to new replies.