Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Air India for flying to Canada
  • frepster
    Free Member

Has anyone got any experience flying with this airline. I am just trying to book flights for our trip to Canada this summer and to fly to toronto they are way cheaper than the other cheapie airlines (air transat/globespan etc)
    So does anyone have any experience of them and know their bike policy. They are India’s national airline. Should i give it a try or steer well clear?

gearz
    Free Member

Flew to New York a couple of years ago with them, flight was alot cheaper than others but- 1. safety briefing in VERY broken english 2. we did nt put our seatbelts on UNTIL the we could see the ground which was a bit scary! 3.Bollywood movies ALL the way there and back 4. as we landed lots of the overhead lockers came open showering people with luggage etc and we were sat by the galley and milk was pouring out of cupboards and running down the aisle as we landed.I,m not a big fan of flying and this was the icing on the cake after an 8 hour flight. Oh and judging by the way there were throwing the cases on the plane I dont think a bike would stand much chance!!!!

Oxboy
    Free Member

Sorry I read this thread expecting some kind of joke!

I know its not the same but we flew Air Lanka (Sri Lankas airline) and to be honest they were good and this is a real bonus they served a great curry for the inflight meal!

frepster
    Free Member

Interesting points there gearz

I was thinking they cant be much worse than the other budget airlines, globespan seems particularly awful. I was worried about the bike but arent the handlers employed by the airports and not the airline?

curtisthecat
    Free Member

I flew with Air India to Toronto quite a few years ago and compared to the other cheap airlines, they were pretty good. It was after one of their planes blew up over the Atlantic and the security was very tight. And yes the food was pretty good(as far as in flight meaals go)

falkirk_mark
    Free Member

Bags are thrown on the plane with the same contemptuous disregard irrespective of airline. So i would not let the baggage issue put you off as it is the airport operator that supplies this (dis)service (in the UK anyway). Speaking as an ex baggage handler.

juiced
    Free Member

years ago. Plane had paint missing from it’s outside, iirc but currys served and jolly bollywood films. Very interesting experince 😉

duir
    Free Member

Should i give it a try or steer well clear?

You wouldn’t if you know what I know! But seriously any airlines using international airspace, particularly UK usually have to meet strict criteria and probably do. On the plus side you get a cheap price that will be fine as long as you pack a sense of humour. On the downside you will probably fly on an aircraft that is maintained in one of the poorest nations on earth, is over 25 years old and crewed by…….. Well enjoy if you do and it will still be safer than FGS!!!

frepster
    Free Member

poorest nation on earth? the fleet isnt maintained in India then?

konabunny
    Free Member

my OH flew NYC-LON with them a few times. Cheap, fine, tasty tasty food.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

The topic ‘Air India for flying to Canada’ is closed to new replies.