Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Air Con Recharge, at Kwikfit
  • Singlespeed_Shep
    Free Member

My Air-Con has just gone needs a recharge.

Has anyone had experiences with KwikFit or Similar?

Cost? Time?

Cheers

z1ppy

Thought you could just buy a can of 'stuff' from Halfords to recharge your air con? Obviously you need to know where the charge point is, but that's what goggles for eh? I'd ask them what they actually do during a recharge service.

vinnyeh

Took mine their a couple of weeks back, they were fine, there's a promise of no charge if the aircon isn't colder after they've done the recharge- not sure what the temperature difference is for that to kick in though. I had a loose wire on my condenser which I didn't find til I got home, so there was no improvement, no charge 😀 .
    Think it's £49 normally.

Course, I wouldn't expect them to (be able to) do anymore than recharge the unit.

el_creedo
    Free Member

I had mine done ther on a cheapo old car i bought which was blowing warm.

Took as long as a stroll in to town and back and from then on it was proper freezing cold, ace! perfect as it was a very warm weekend and we had a drive from North Yorks back to Devon to do in the sun!

Cheap, quick, and probably easier than taking it anywhere else.

chriswilk
    Free Member

49 pounds for a leak check and re-charge. The good thing is that it's all automatic. All they do is plug it into a machine, enter the model number of the compressor and leave it for 45 mins – so no KwikFit monkeys to **** it up. The machine pumps the system down, monitors the vacuum level for 20 minutes or so and if the leak up rate is ok then it recharges.

Got mine done last week and all is well.

PeterPoddy
    Free Member

My Air-Con has just gone needs a recharge

Hmm. Be aware that they WILL pressure test it for leaks, and if there's a problem, they aren't allowed to just 'fill it up' again. You'll have to get it fixed, which might not be cheap…..

vinnyeh

Hmm. Be aware that they WILL pressure test it for leaks, and if there's a problem, they aren't allowed to just 'fill it up' again. You'll have to get it fixed, which might not be cheap…..

Yes, but they won't charge you for the leak test- you can just take the car away and get it sorted by a mobile place or something.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

The topic ‘Air Con Recharge, at Kwikfit’ is closed to new replies.