Viewing 17 posts - 1 through 17 (of 17 total)
  • Air compressors for tubeless – tell me more……
  • beagle
    Free Member

What’s the cheapest??

Bit tired of abusing the track pump now.

Much obliged.

PeterPoddy
    Free Member

20p at your local garage, maybe free if you’re lucky…..
    🙂

firestarter
    Free Member

i use one at work 😉

beagle
    Free Member

You’re not helping guys!!!

3 of the lads using tubeless now, we were gonna go thirds. Be nice to get covered in sealant at home rather than in front of the public…..

Vortexracing

got mine from machinemart, it’s spot on. makes tubeless easy.

brownpants
    Free Member

e-bay was mine at £40 – new one but name not in my head.

nonk
    Free Member

get one you will use it all the time.

molgrips
    Free Member

e-bay was mine at £40

Bugger, I just spent £20 on CO2 cartridges.

wwaswas

a 6 litre tank/1.5hp jobbie is fine for tyres – you can carry it around the garage/shed too – anythign bigger tends to need wheels.

I use a clarkes one but they’re all much of a muchness. Keep an eye out for the aldi bargins too.

glenh
    Free Member

Why do you need one?

wwaswas

‘cos it’s machinery, of course 😉

it does help with tyre pumping regardless of whether you use tubeless or not. There’s something very satisfying in that ‘phhhhhhhhtttttttssssss’ noise and a suddenly inflated/seated tyre that 5 minutes hard labour with a track pump doesn’t seem to provide.

orange
    Free Member

i’ve also been looking for something like this, but wanted something small and cheap but had the power to pop on the tyres without problems, been looking at these

http://www.machinemart.co.uk/shop/product/details/indy-air-spray-kit

http://www.machinemart.co.uk/shop/product/details/bandit-air-compressor/path/diy-semi-professional-air-compressors-2

carlphillips
    Free Member

crikey you lot are sooo lazy, lol at spending mucho $ to inflate tyres… too much money me thinks.

fivespot
    Free Member

Had my Machine Mart one for 15+ years, still running strong. Although I have had to repair the motor mount plate 3 times due to vibration cusing the mounting lugs to shear off.

On the subject of inflating tubless tyres, even with a compressor it does’nt always blow up first time. I find if I have a tyre that just wont inflate due to losing too much air around the bead, I remove the valve and then blow it up, the extra volume of air this lets in quickly, always works, popping the beads into place, I quickly replace the vavle and blow said tyre back up. Has’nt failed yet !

thefallguy
    Free Member

keep checking on your local Aldi, mine was 70 notes complete with set of tools, tyre inflator etc. Comparable one in halfords over £200

runswithscissors

Orange I have that bandit one from machinemart it’s ace! Also good for blowing crap out of hard to reach places on your bike.

omaknees
    Free Member

Also good for removing handlebar grips. If you get a thin blower/duster attachment and slide it between rubber and bar, and hey presto your grip just falls off, try it.

Viewing 17 posts - 1 through 17 (of 17 total)

The topic ‘Air compressors for tubeless – tell me more……’ is closed to new replies.