Viewing 14 posts - 41 through 54 (of 54 total)
  • Air Ambulance chopper at Leith Hill today…
  • TandemJeremy
    Free Member

Lowey

What you did there allowed the casualty to get treatment quicker and IMO is the right thing to do with “walking wounded”

What I believe irritates people is when walking wounded call out the emergency services without making any attempt to “self evacuate”. too many people seem to do this.

In the case above all our debate on this is mere speculation as we don’t know the extent of the injuries

Dango
    Free Member

Knowing that footpath, you’d struggle to badly injure yourself on it, if he did, unlucky 😕

nukeproof
    Free Member

Knowing that footpath, you’d struggle to badly injure yourself on it, if he did, unlucky

TBH when I first read which path he came off on, it wasn’t where I was expecting knowing some of the other stuff around there but it’s still a steep path with plenty of roots and rocks, combine this with a bit of speed and I can see how someone could badly injure themselves.

I ride the paths around there almost every week, normally solo, and don’t give it a second thought so it’s a little wake up as to how much injury could be sustained if I did take a tumble.

Hope the guy is okay and makes a speedy recovery.

chakaping
    Free Member

Crikey, if the chopper pilot had lost control and crashed into the crowd he’d have wiped out half of STW.

sootyandjim
    Free Member

Crikey, if the chopper pilot had lost control and crashed into the crowd he’d have wiped out half of STW.

I’m actually a little shocked.

Was there a Santa Cruz daisy-chaining session going on in Holmbury? Its just normally you can’t move for spotless Santa Cruz’s and their DFL, cake-eating, up-from-the-car park pushing owners by Leith Hill tower.

😉

woodsman
    Free Member

Hope the guy is alright and all…

I haven’t seen anyone ride down that for years, it’s very old-skool – the singletrack/interesting stuff is to the left!

Roscoe
    Free Member

I was there and helped carry the lad up the hill. He looked in a bad way and hope he gets well soon

sharki
    Free Member

For what it’s worth i repeat..

some people do need to MTFU….

This was not implying the guy in this post needed to.

Just stating that many are from bad injury assessment.

i’ve dragged myself out off the hills with a collapsed lung and other injures, alone, nowhere near a phone signal, at a difficult place to find(cheeky trail not on the map)..only option open to me at the time was to MTFU and deal with it myself, and that was to get myself to a place where i could make the call and then get over to a rendezvous point with the paramedic….

Agreed though i am a muppet, but please read the post before slating others.. i did say ‘some’ and did no way imply that everyone needs to…

I love the sensitivity of some of you lot.

hora
    Free Member

sharki understand. If someone had been with you- they would have stopped you and they might have made that judgement call on your behalf.

glenp
    Free Member

Bit odd to get the helicopter there – from the bottom of the path where he fell (the junction with the gates) one only needs to turn right and down the gulley to the road. It would be an easier carry downhill to the road than up to the top, I’d have thought.

Having said that, whoever takes charge of the first aid should be respected and they got the guy off safely which is all that really matters.

Too many people go too fast down that rooty rocky bit – it is thick with walkers all the time and should only be done at a very sedate roll. It is safer and more discreet to nick into the woods to the left and through the bombhole (or around the chicken run).

sharki
    Free Member

Maybe…

hora
    Free Member

glenp, see what you mean- but he could have been riding slowly and simply grabbed the front brake by accident though- its a fair tumble on exposed stone etc 🙁

jam-bo

nope. if i’d been with him i would have told him to man the **** up and get up that hill….i might have carried his bag if i was feeling generous….

looking forward to thursday sharki?

sharki
    Free Member

There’s a good reason i ride alone alot…… 😉

Viewing 14 posts - 41 through 54 (of 54 total)

The topic ‘Air Ambulance chopper at Leith Hill today…’ is closed to new replies.