Viewing 19 posts - 1 through 19 (of 19 total)
  • Air ambulance at gisburn this morning.
  • grim168
    Free Member

Anyone know how the lad is who did his ankle on hully gully. Saw the chopper land at the top. Watched the medics and a cameraman go down followed by someone who thought it’d be okay to ride it a few minutes later 😕

philfive
    Free Member

Cameraman?

ashfanman
    Free Member

Cameraman?

Presumably he came with the medics? Part of some air ambulance show?

crazy-legs

There was a cameraman in the Swiss Air Ambulance that scraped me off a hillside a few years ago in the Alps. I’m probably on some Swiss version of 999.
    You find someone filming at a lot of emergencies, often just for internal use. Fire crews in particular often have a flim guy with them, the videos are good for training purposes and for debriefing after the accident.

firestarter
    Free Member

Crazylegs we have cameras on front and rear of the fire engine as we get bricked so often rather than owt else

ashfanman
    Free Member

Crazylegs we have cameras on front and rear of the fire engine as we get bricked so often rather than owt else

You get bricked?! As in people throw bricks at you / the engine?

Who the hell does that to firemen FFS? 😐

firestarter
    Free Member

Yes it happens quite a lot , fav trick is to block us in dead ends but we try to avoid them now also have been called to false alarms so they can hit us on the way as they know where we are going 🙁

Junkyard
    Free Member

Perhaps you should test yoor hose when this happens?
    liitle feckers

firestarter
    Free Member

We would get into trouble for that. Tho I have done it once or twice I also got a right rollockin for throwing a brick back at them (it came right back mind)

Hope the lad in the op is ok sorry for hijack 😉

br
    Free Member

Are you in scouseland Firestarter?

firestarter
    Free Member

No mate Leeds

lipseal
    Free Member

Are you in scouseland Firestarter?

👿 So what are you trying to say?

buzz-lightyear
    Free Member

How much would it hurt if you turned the hose on them firestarter?

firestarter
    Free Member

Nowt really unless you bounced them off a lamppost or something

stumpyjon

Perhaps you should test yoor hose when this happens?

We would get into trouble for that.

Yep that about sums up the UK at the moment.

Saw the helicopter go over, quite often hear it or see it when we’re digging. Would have thought they could have got a normal ambulance up to him though. All the gates have combination padlocks, all they have to do is ring one of the forestry guys and they’re sorted. The fireroads are currently in better nick than some of the main roads.

ashfanman
    Free Member

Yes it happens quite a lot , fav trick is to block us in dead ends but we try to avoid them now also have been called to false alarms so they can hit us on the way as they know where we are going

Say whaaaat? So not only do people throw bricks at you, but they go out of their way to make fake calls to do so? Perhaps I’ve got a rose-tinted view of the world, but why in the HELL would people do that? I can see why some scum people might hate the police, but what level of stupid must you be to attack a fireman?

“Damn you guys, trying to put out fires and save lives. Grrr.”

It would be like bricking an ambulance…

EDIT: Wait, maybe people do that too?

crazy-legs

It would be like bricking an ambulance…

EDIT: Wait, maybe people do that too?

Yeah, a friend of mine is a paramedic in London and she’s been attacked and had her ambulance bricked on more than one occasion. She got stabbed a while ago, fortunately her big heavy jacket and the fact that it was nothing more than a penknife prevented any serious injury.

🙁

stumpyjon

Photos on the Facebook page

http://www.facebook.com/group.php?gid=24782136080&v=photos

Broken tib & fib plus dislocated ankle…not nice.

ChrisE
    Free Member

see http://www.cro.org.uk and the 2011 incidents. It’s on there.

C

Viewing 19 posts - 1 through 19 (of 19 total)

The topic ‘Air ambulance at gisburn this morning.’ is closed to new replies.