Viewing 26 posts - 81 through 106 (of 106 total)
  • Aintree outfits…… oh dear oh dear oh dear
  • cinnamon_girl

You’re on form today Bunnyhop. 😉

Elfinsafety
    Free Member

I certainly wouldn’t want to be fancied by the type of man that fancied those women.

Sad fact is though, most men lust after women who dress provocatively and look like they’re up for a good time, even if they don’t admit it. It’s a fact of Nature, and scientifically proven.

Firstly I am a lot older than most of those women and also Northern, but am secure enough in mind and body not to have wear all the make up, clothing and false bits and bobs.

Loving the attack on people just because of the way they look.

Maasai women dress in a totally different way to most other women from other cultures. They cultivate a look not seen as ‘socially acceptable’ or ‘normal’ in the UK, or indeed many other places. Some Scottish blokes wear skirts. Some people dress according to their religion.

Does it make them any less as Human Beings?

So on, what ya gotta say now, hmm?

Nothing, cos there ain’t nothing intelligent, insightful or objective you can say.

Anyway, are you the epitome of style and good taste? Are you? Is it only your values that matter over all others?

Unless you’d like other people laughing, taking the pee and generally degrading you, be quite and accept that others are different.

molgrips
    Free Member

Elf.. soldier of fairness, I salute your tireless crusade. Sometimes I just can’t be bothered to wade in, I’m glad you’ve got my back 🙂

cinnamon_girl

FCOL Fred GAG! Get down from that high dandyhorse of yours. 🙄

Bunnyhop

No thanks for the lecture.

We’re all entitled to our opinion.
    imho these women are indeed enjoying themselves and good on them, but also many of them looked foolish.

The men on here were being as bitchy as the women.

Oh and excuse me for living in a little bubble in the North in a tiny village, where not everyone wants to be part of the big wide world.

I never said I had sartorial elegance, just dress to keep warm really!

And from Mr Bunnyhop:

Unless you’d like other people laughing, taking the pee and generally degrading you, be quite and accept that others are different.

Hello mR Pot, may I introduce Mr kettle

Elfinsafety
    Free Member

Hello mR Pot, may I introduce Mr kettle

Is that the best you can do? Doesn’t apply anyway.

Oh and excuse me for living in a little bubble in the North in a tiny village, where not everyone wants to be part of the big wide world.

S’ok. I know that when you lot think of ‘Granada’, it’s this:

Rather than this:

😉

FCOL Fred GAG! Get down from that high dandyhorse of yours.

I never got on it. I’m just right, that’s all. 🙂

spasmicgherkin
    Free Member

S’ok. I know that when you lot think of ‘Granada’, it’s this:

what a wonderfully varied world we live in. i think of this:

Elfinsafety
    Free Member

I am suitably chastised, Spasmic. 😳

How could I forget one of Dagenham’s Finest? 😯

CountZero

I’m with Bagpuss on this one.

Elfinsafety
    Free Member

What, you’ll go anywhere where you can get a free pass and booze?

I’m in! 😀

Now, where’s that Laura Ashley dress I’ve bin saving for a special occasion…?

RustySpanner

At least at Aintree, unlike Ascot, you don’t have to count the legs to differentiate between the runners and the spectators. 🙂

Elfinsafety
    Free Member

Ooh, cutting Rusty; cutting.

loddrik
    Free Member

Pics on the BBC are a little less horrific.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-merseyside-13017911

Dunno what you’re all moaning about…

The gorgeous girl in the red dress, schwing…

muppetWrangler
    Free Member

For anyone old enough:

Woman on the left is straight out of Abigail’s Party, or possibly Margo from the Good Life.

It may be fashionable but it is so, so wrong.

konabunny
    Free Member

Let’s be honest, it’s the daily mail, they are only going to show the true horrors and then claim this is representative of all women in Liverpool.

It’s a fantastic Daily Mail story: it lets the status-neurotic lower middle class readership distance themselves from the tacky poor people by sneering at them. It’s a nice little break before rearranging the doilies in the WC.

richcc
    Free Member

All this fashion stuff is not the problem. The OP let themselves down and the rest of the class down by not warning the link went to the DM website – the modern equivalent of Rickrolling.

edhornby

don’t worry, the daily mail will also be running a snidey session of pictures looking down their noses at people from ascot…. won’t they?

OP you read the daily mail – ha ha

trailmonkey

It’s a fantastic Daily Mail story: it lets the status-neurotic lower middle class readership distance themselves from the tacky poor people by sneering at them. It’s a nice little break before rearranging the doilies in the WC.

Although in fairness, it’s given the keyboard class warriors equal oportunity to sneer at the middle classes in return.

It’s a win-win that I think we should be giving the Mail due credit for.

konabunny
    Free Member

I’m not sneering at the middle class.

I’m sneering at the lower middle class.

trailmonkey

i sneer at them all.

anything else would be discriminatory.

Drac

baggies over lycra 3/4 with clumpy 5.10’s draped across fat middle aged IT geeks, freaks and spods

I don’t think I belong here any more.

bruk

I thought the tattoo across the lower back was a tramp stamp?

Fantastic selection of shots for us to laugh at. Probably not representative of all that were there as there will have been a lot of lookers too.

Bet they all had a fun day out though.

yossarian
    Free Member

Looking through those pics it’s striking just how many of them were grossly overweight. Not a problem peculiar to Liverpool by any means….or to this forum….that what people are really laughing at isn’t it? Fat and stands out? Not allowed.

Personally I like a bit of brash in amongst the conservative stuff. Colourful people tend to wear colourful clothes no?

Elfin – I salute your vim and vigor, is it not wasted on the Internet?

ditch_jockey
    Free Member

be quite and accept that others are different.

Sometimes the unintentional irony of Fred’s incoherent babble makes the admission fee worthwhile all by itself.

Elfinsafety
    Free Member

So incoherent that you read it and understood it though, eh? 🙄

Don’t see where the ‘irony’ lies really. Care to expand? No? Thought not. Go back to being quiet please, thanks.

Elfin – I salute your vim and vigor, is it not wasted on the Internet?

Not at all, cos people know I’m right, ultimately, and will question their own attitudes, whether they admit it or not.

I’ll do the same in ‘real life’, it’s just that most on here wouldn’t say owt to a person’s face, but happily hide behind a keyboard…

Viewing 26 posts - 81 through 106 (of 106 total)

The topic ‘Aintree outfits…… oh dear oh dear oh dear’ is closed to new replies.