Viewing 40 posts - 41 through 80 (of 322 total)
  • AIBU – neighbour issues take 37.
  • matt_outandabout

That could actually be seen as an improvement in that alley…

Cougar

Council website.

Planning Permission sends me to Building Regulations.

Building Regulations sends me to Planning Permission.

Can’t say as I’m totally shocked.

Cougar

That could actually be seen as an improvement in that alley…

Well yeah, I’ve said before I don’t live in the most salubrious of areas, sadly.

ferrals
    Free Member

Can’t see how that doesnt need planning, I was looking into a new outbuilding for a house we were considering that had no storage and it had to be a certain distance from boundary above a certain height if I remember correctly, that looks to be almost overhanging the alley?

Plus bets on it turning into a rats nest pretty sharpish if they leave chickenfeed in there

DezB
    Free Member

No, your comment wasn’t racist towards Asians

Nice to be reassured 😉

Doh1Nut
    matt_outandabout

@cougar – as an ex Sheffield2/Manor and Toxteth resident, that isn’t too bad IME….

deepreddave
    Free Member

The man is already on the case..

4130s0ul
    Free Member

If you see this guy hanging around, just back away slowly…

You learn something new everyday. apparently racing pigeons are big in Asia

pigeonracingasia

bigyinn
    Free Member

That looks like an outdoor sitting area / balcony type thing to me.
    Do they have a garden?

hammyuk
    Free Member

bigyinn – Member
    That looks like an outdoor sitting area / balcony type thing to me.
    Do they have a garden?

Grandma does now……

ulysse
    Free Member

I’d rather live next to ghost dog than the bald mockney grass..

bikebouy
    Free Member

Cougar – Moderator
    Well yeah, I’ve said before I don’t live in the most salubrious of areas, sadly.

Nothing wrong with where you live, bet there far less angst and crime there than many other places.

matt_outandabout

I’ve found the finished design sketches.

Stoatsbrother
    Free Member

you have a choice – either report it to the council – preferably anonymously – or go and chat with the neighbour involved – you cannot do both if you want to preserve good relations.

Ro5ey
    Free Member

Use a small wrecking bar (the one below is a fiver in screw fix) and keep taking the small panels off that are accessible from the alley.

Do it tonight… dont let this “build” progress…. thats out of order its massive

In fact on second thoughts

Just use a milk/beer crate to stand on and a club hammer to smash some holes in it.

Malvern Rider
    Free Member

Whichever, now have seen pics it’s obvious that a puff of strong wind will soon make this thread redundant!

jimjam
    Free Member

Hang on, we haven’t even established if they’re the good Asian’s or the bad type.

you have a choice – either report it to the council – preferably anonymously – or go and chat with them – you cannot do both if you want to preserve good relations

Eh? If you report it anonymously, of course you can maintain “good relations”.

jam-bo

i think they’ve seen mcmoonters latest teahouse.

5thElefant
    Free Member

If anything that shed improves the view. I’m surprised their isn’t a build thread here really, it would fit in nicely.

And… they’re obviously integrating with the local culture.

jekkyl

can you see Kevin McCloud anywhere hanging around, talking to camera and then walking out of shot?

Sandwich

As mentioned above it’s a balcony/sitting area and needs permission. Ring planning and dob them in, it’s an invasion of privacy and local amenity (?) issue.

EDIT 2 storey garden buildings are mentioned in the first lines of the planning portal guidelines. (Can you guess who has just had dealings with such a thing?)

dooosuk
    Free Member

Eh? If you report it anonymously, of course you can maintain “good relations”.

He said both. If you report anon and then talk to them (or vice versa) they’ll work out who grassed.

Ro5ey
    Free Member

Tie the other end to the back of your motor and floor it !!

andytherocketeer

Buy a pet sparrowhawk or similar.

BigJohn

If your postcode is H5 N1 I’d be a bit worried.

mindmap3
    Free Member

I’m no expert, but I’d imagine that needs planning. You need planning for a piece of decking / garden platform that is taller than 300mm…

whippersnapper
    Free Member

If you report anon and then talk to them (or vice versa) they’ll work out who grassed.

They already know (see second photo).

DezB
    Free Member

Talk to them?? I wouldn’t. Someone who chucks a construction like that on top of their garage is clearly bonkers.

CharlieMungus
    Free Member

Be a tad smart and decide if something’s racist before pointing fingers and shouting’oi!’.

Not racist, perhaps a bit dated in its viewpoint but i really don’t think Cougar is racist. Especially given that he live in an Assian community and has made no untoward comments all this time.

Yak

Talk to them, mention the regulatory systems etc. They might be unaware of their responsibilities. They already know you took the photos, so it seems bonkers to just report it if you want to retain neighbourly relations.

If you get nowhere, then report it, but try the direct approach first.

thestabiliser
    Free Member

Hold your horses. Could be a sex shed, you might be getting an invite.

jamj1974

jekkyl – Member
    can you see Kevin McCloud anywhere hanging around, talking to camera and then walking out of shot?

Is your female neighbour pregnant? No woman alive is immune to the fearsomely productive nuts of Kevin McCloud. He doesn’t even need to have coitus to fertilise anyone of the female persuasion.

mikey3
    Free Member

Curtain twitchers of the world unite.

just5minutes
    Free Member

I’d put money on it becoming a one up / one down “bed in shed” for the purposes of accommodating extended family or more likely being rented out on an exploitative basis to vulnerable workers in the black economy. I’d definitely report it to the council’s planning department if only to guarantee it’s not used for the latter purpose.

theocb
    Free Member

😀 You’ve been spotted..

There is certainly an element of stereotyping/awkwardness in point 3 😕
    The OP then goes on to say ‘he mentioned brown people’ when in fact he mentioned Asians. I think he knows all Asians aren’t brown.

The world is changing Grandad, move with the times.
    Just5, is that a joke?

Cougar

perhaps a bit dated in its viewpoint

Dated how? It was a genuine question as to whether there was some sort of cultural / religious significance to keeping pigeons that I was missing, as it’s not something I’ve come across before. I’m not sure how I could’ve worded any more PC.

‘he mentioned brown people’

Oh come on, it’s tongue in cheek. How is it PC to refer to white people or black people but not brown people?

all Asians aren’t brown.

The ones in question are, unless you’re suggesting that all Asians live in that one house.

Look, can we just not get bogged down in nonsense for once? I’m the least judgemental person you’ll ever meet. I’ve friends who are variously white, Asian, Afro-Caribbean, gay, lesbian, bi, confused, trans, and one who thinks he’s a wolf and has the outfit and everything.

Good grief.

GrahamS

That looks shonky as…

First winter storm should see that whole thing flying through your kitchen window and that is reason enough to report it to the council (anonymously) to me.

If the council say it is fine then bingo, you have implicit permission to build an adjoining two-storey shed & bike workshop. 😀

DezB
    Free Member

This thread reminds me of the boxing matches where the commentator is struggling to identify the boxers for the viewing public: “I’m afraid their shorts are the same colour”. One fighter is black, one is white, but they can’t say that. 😆

Viewing 40 posts - 41 through 80 (of 322 total)

The topic ‘AIBU – neighbour issues take 37.’ is closed to new replies.