• This topic has 16 replies, 11 voices, and was last updated 11 years ago by Drac.
Viewing 17 posts - 1 through 17 (of 17 total)
  • Ahhhhh BB2 Now: Pompeii
  • mikey74
    Free Member

Is anyone else pee’d off with the presenter of what could have otherwise been an interesting programme?

I’ve heard of dumbing down, but this is ridiculous.

RustySpanner

Yes.
    Celebrity documentary presenters make me very angry indeed.

Margaret Mountford has previous experience as a historian, so it could have been worse.

deadlydarcy
    Free Member

Was looking forward to it until I saw it was Margaret. 😐

jockhaggis
    Free Member

Is Frankie Howard in it?

deadlydarcy
    Free Member

Oh FFS, now we’ve got dramatic recreations.

mikey74
    Free Member

May as well be.

LoCo
    Free Member

don’t titter 😐

RustySpanner

The last time we debated this, it didn’t end well: 😀

Linky.

markrh
    Free Member

Will hopefully be looking at it for real next week, will be in full Frankie Howard mode, well it’s traditional init…

BigJohn

“Scientist” said “I think it’s probably unlikely”.

3 words expressing uncertainty. What he really meant was “No”. Pretty poor stuff. The mighty Margaret or not.

Now if you want to see the televisual moment of the decade (and have a couple of hours to spare) BBC4 had a thing on about the Indian railways. The first 1:55 were just lovely. But the last 5 mins of episode 2 were the most grinntastic 5 minutes I’ve seen. As a spoiler, a serious documentary burst into a proper Bollywood dance sequence.

It’s left me buzzing.

Drac

I’m not minding it a nice simple explanation of what they think may have happened.

allthepies
    Free Member

All those face reconstructions from a skull are BS aren’t they ? Hair type/colour, ear size, nose type/size, facial fat content etc etc must be pure guesswork.

Pawsy_Bear
    Free Member

Nothing new – what a waste

Drac

All those face reconstructions are BS aren’t they ? Hair type/colour, ear size, nose type/size, facial fat content etc etc must be effectively guessed

Some bits are but not all it’s used in forensics to identify bodies. They measure the bone structure this gives them an idea of the muscle build up based on test samples, they’ll get weight and fat mass from other bone structures and the age from the teeth.

BigJohn

The bird in the peek-a-boo tunic looked fit 🙂

(Tunic – what uneducated types call a toga)

neninja
    Free Member

To be fair Margaret Mountford does have a Doctorate in something historical or archaeological so hardly just a celebrity presenter.

Having said that the programme presented nothing new that hasn’t been covered before.

Drac

To be fair Margaret Mountford does have a Doctorate in something historical or archaeological so hardly just a celebrity presenter.

Historical documents. Basically she reads newspapers from the Romans. 😀

Viewing 17 posts - 1 through 17 (of 17 total)

The topic ‘Ahhhhh BB2 Now: Pompeii’ is closed to new replies.