Viewing 26 posts - 1 through 26 (of 26 total)
  • ahem, some self promotion
  • matt_outandabout

I have a blog.

Any feedback, ideas or suggestions welcome.

matt_outandabout

*blows kiss at TSY*

slowjo
    Free Member

[Pedant alert]We all need our ‘I wish I could have…’ moments. This is mine (today at least…!). The new Orange ST4. Mine is a cracking bike – fast, taught and feels like a bigger travel bike than it is. But, even Orange will admit, the initial ST4 I have is a tad flexible when pushed. A new swingarm and rocker in 2010 helped, but for 2011, a new beast emerges. mmmmm.[/Pedant alert]

It should be taut not taught. 😉

wwaswas

It should be taut not taught

you’d think they’d have teached you that in school?

matt_outandabout

Cheers slowjo

slowjo
    Free Member

Mine’s a Giant Anthem 29er BTW.

I have never thought about having a blog full of kit I lust after, nice idea!

How do you alter the orientation of the pictures? Do you do it before publishing or after?

I’m too bashful to publicise my blog but I do have a crash you can see… well not so much see as share the tumble with me!

[video]http://vimeo.com/18866618[/video]

matt_outandabout

lol

MrNutt
    Free Member

move over to self hosted wordpress, you can do a lot more with it!

matt_outandabout

I know I can, but waiting to see if I am any good / is it worth it.

I already have a freebie being sent over from one of our suppliers to review. 🙂

redthunder
    Free Member

I like it 🙂

WordPress is the way to go 🙂 As MrNutt says consider your domain and self host wordpress.

MrNutt
    Free Member

its worth it (its free) you can get web hosting from the likes of Laughing Squid for £6.00 per month (thats who I use)

simonralli2
    Free Member

If I may offer an opinion, given your background your blog has the potential to be one I would consider subscribing to, as I would be really interested to hear about your adventures. But right now all I really saw were product reviews. I have all the outdoor kit I need, and am not too sure a blog is a good format for kit reviews. So for now I wont be subscribing as I do not feel a personal need to read about kit, but as I said, I am sure you will potentially have some interesting blog entries in the future about actual adventures.

Also, with wordpress you can add a few more permanent pages. These may help you organise the content into easier to find categories, as I have done with my own wordpress blog.

footflaps

Just ordered some of those Montane trousers after seeing them on your blog ………

matt_outandabout

excellent

SurroundedByZulus
    Free Member

See that dry suit, for that money I’d be looking at one of the Lomo ones instead. Save yourself a few quid. Unless of course Palm give you a decent discount.

leffeboy

I already have a freebie being sent over from one of our suppliers to review.

And there’s the problem with these things. I used to love it when this mag gave things poor reviews as that was just as valuable as rave reviews but it doesn’t seem to happen much any more. My guess is that it must be tough to pan something when it’s a freebie and you’d be tempted to give it a luke warm review whereas if you’d bought it you’d be fuming

Still going to read the blog though 🙂

matt_outandabout

drysuit – wait until you see the ptice, should be the same as lomo

molgrips
    Free Member

I need to blog so I can share my intelligent insights into life and humanity with the world. Or someone more grateful than you lot.

SurroundedByZulus
    Free Member

I’d still go for the Lomo one. If we ever have a nuclear war I’m getting one of those things and climbing inside until it’s over.

I have a Palm Torrent suit and it’s the business though, or was when I was actually getting out boating.

matt_outandabout

And there’s the problem with these things. I used to love it when this mag gave things poor reviews as that was just as valuable as rave reviews but it doesn’t seem to happen much any more. My guess is that it must be tough to pan something when it’s a freebie and you’d be tempted to give it a luke warm review whereas if you’d bought it you’d be fuming

I will have to let you know the day I get a howler…

Kit
    Free Member

Personally, the rotated pictures do my nut in, but I am anally retentive about things being straight or lined up, so just a preference.

footflaps

I quite like the style – looks like more effort has gone into it than just pasting stock photos in line with text.

thegreatape
    Free Member

Those Paramo Vista jackets are very short by the way. I have one of the very similar Quito ones, and if I have a big lunch there can be a bit of a drafty no mans land between my trouser waistband and the jacket hem.

fubar
    Free Member

Well done – it looks way better than my Blogger attempt…is WordPress that much better ?

matt_outandabout

Those Paramo Vista jackets are very short by the way.

I agree that Paramo’s cut can be unique in some ways.

Viewing 26 posts - 1 through 26 (of 26 total)

The topic ‘ahem, some self promotion’ is closed to new replies.