• This topic has 12 replies, 11 voices, and was last updated 15 years ago by IHN.
Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • Ah, oops
  • IHN

guess who left his car lights on all day so couldn’t unlock his car and had to call a breakdown man…

Luckily the car was parked right outside the office window, so everyone had a chance to point and laugh 🙁

MartynS

hope it wasn’t you’re side lights you left on…..

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

I left mine on one night….on a cross channel ferry….! (I slept through the tannoys asking me to come and turn them off). Got in the next morning, started first time.

Mk2 Golf. My first car, and still one of the greatest cars ever made in my opinion!

bland

I left mine on all day recently on my MK 4 Golf and the internal display which never worked since i bought the car, and for which VW wanted £350 to replace the unit miraculously started working!

Bonus!

mrsflash
    Free Member

You should have tried dismantling it to see if you could make it work. Oh, no sorry, you’d have done the wrong one.

WorldClassAccident
    Free Member

I would have offered to help but I still can’t get the bonnet open on my car so perhaps best that I leave it alone

Poindexter
    Free Member

I left mine on for the duration of a 4 hour ride round Kentmere a couple of weeks ago. Battery was so flat, even the digital clock had gone out! (MK4 Golf).

Lucky a fellow biker driving past had some jump leads!

mrmichaelwright
    Free Member

couldn’t you use the key to get in?

molgrips
    Free Member

We got back from holiday to find I’d left the interior light on in the car. Had to fork out £150 to join the frigging AA 🙁

mrmichaelwright
    Free Member

both my cars switch the lights off for me 🙂

JulianA
    Free Member

Left the interior light on in our MK2 Golf for a fortnight at Gatwick. No chance.

Fortunately we had some jump leads and flagged down another driver (who actually had no idea how to jump start a car!)

Agree with CFH – MK2 Golf fantastic. Mind you, all our VDubs have been and are being excellent (Passat and Octavia currently).

Sciroccos were unlucky though – two written off by being rear-ended (one bent several times in carparks etc) and one bent by me rear-ending someone!

cranberry
    Free Member

Left my side lights on for a day and a half recently, and all was fine.

That said, if I leave the fridge running overnight it can flatten the 2nd battery, and I have to reset the clock on the central heating otherwise the remote control no longer works.

Land Rovers are ace.

IHN

couldn’t you use the key to get in?

Well, there’s a tale. At first, when the key fob clicker didn’t work, I assumed that the batteries had gone in it (it is 10 years old). So, off I trudged to get new batteries. When it didn’t work with the new batteries I realised that I could just use the key, but though that this would set the alarm/immobiliser off and I’d have no way of deactivating it. So, I called the recovery man.

The recovery man opened it with the key, took one look at the light switch and said “there’s your problem”. Didn’t I feel silly…

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)

The topic ‘Ah, oops’ is closed to new replies.