Viewing 16 posts - 1 through 16 (of 16 total)
  • Ah man…..I broke my reverb!
  • handybendyhendo
    Free Member

Caught my knee on lever and snapped it off…..works if I stick an Allen key in it 8)

Anybody done similar and recommend a solution and potential cost??

Ta…..

dvatcmark
    Free Member

A mate did the same thing a few weeks ago. Cost him 90 quid for a new lever I’m afraid

Junkyard
    Free Member

allen key it is then

handybendyhendo
    Free Member

Hah……think the hex key was ok for a bit…..qr clamp a better short term solution……

I had thought I had seen prior threads about a £100 for a new lever……boo hiss…..might as well buy a new one and have a spare post!!!

Onzadog
    Free Member

Mate of mine has just done the same. No button kits in the UK but as is so often the way, you can order them from bike components.de and believe it or not, they’re cheaper!

supremebean
    Free Member

button kit can be bought for around 40 quid, hopefully you haven’t scratched the insides with your allen key!

robhughes
    Free Member

So is this all i need when eventually i snap mine. 🙂
    http://www.fisheroutdoor.co.uk//product.asp?category=750&part_no=R5016020A&find_category=750&find_description=&find_part_desc=
    I can stomach a 40 spot but £100.???
    As said.You might as well buy a new post..

Northwind

You all said I was mad when I said I prefer cable 😉

handybendyhendo
    Free Member

Sorted…..koo bikes…..lever for 80……needed a new hose anyway with new barb so worked out best bet……

maurizio
    Free Member

Woah,i know everyones minted on singletracl but why not just by a quick release seatpost instead? 😆

maurizio
    Free Member

quick release seatpost collar- £5 😆

piedidiformaggio
    Free Member

Woah,i know everyones minted on singletracl but why not just by a quick release seatpost instead?

Because you can’t bring a traditional seatpost/clamp back up without stopping. Once you’ve had a dropped, you’ll understand that it’s not the dropping that’s most useful, it’s the bringing it back up

handybendyhendo
    Free Member

Hah – not sure spending £80 makes a man minted!!

Having a CC kind of does I suppose?? 😉

Broken seatpost lever PLUS hose was about to go…..everyone OOS on hose kits so not got round to it yet…..buy the whole thing for a just a little bit more.

It was weird having to stop all the time to finish of yesterdays ride…..

You just lose your flow…..

Northwind

maurizio – Member

Woah,i know everyones minted on singletracl but why not just by a quick release seatpost instead?

Because they’re not as good. Why not just ride an Apollo?

soobalias
    Free Member

my qr seat clamp cost the best part of £30

minted me.

maurizio
    Free Member

hehe, sorry, just mucking around. no harm :mrgreen:

Viewing 16 posts - 1 through 16 (of 16 total)

The topic ‘Ah man…..I broke my reverb!’ is closed to new replies.