Viewing 30 posts - 1 through 30 (of 30 total)
  • aghhhh, blue and white ziggy zags in my eye.
  • coolhandluke
    Free Member

I can’t see properly, came on whilst doing a bit of house work,

guess I should just sit down for a bit eh?
    clearly not cut out for housework obviously.

gears_suck
    Free Member

That sounds like a migraine me old fruit.

roper
    Free Member

If you’ve not taken any hallucinogenics then the migraine option does sound right. Dark room and plenty of fluid for you.

thejesmonddingo

If this is the first time this has happened,go to A&E,you need to see a doctor,if it is not migraine,it could be something even more serious.

Spin
    Free Member

If this is the first time this has happened,go to A&E,you need to see a doctor,if it is not migraine,it could be something even more serious.

Skip all that and just call 999.

Flaperon

Could be migraine. Could be stroke. A&E.

Spin
    Free Member

Am I the odd man out here thinking that isn’t an A&E matter?

Bunch of bloody hypochondriacs.

Cougar

Migraines. Mine started out of the blue a couple of years back. Started in my peripheral vision and drifted towards the centre over a period of half an hour or so, meaning I couldn’t see. Then it went away and it felt like I’d been hit in the back of the head by a length of 3×2.

Had it on and off for about a month, then it stopped as suddenly as it started, never had one since.

Some concerning comments here; will I die?

bigG
    Free Member

Cougar,
    Some concerning comments here; will I die?

Yes, we all will, but probably not due to blueandwhiteziggyzagitis.

derekfish
    Free Member

Could be something called posterior vitreous detachment, I think it was diagnosed as, are you myopic and getting on a bit? Lighting bolt lights then floating bits? Optician would tell you.

coolhandluke
    Free Member

Had a good drink of water and a few of the daughters sweeties to hydrate and bring my blood sugar levels up, that’s my excuse anyway.

Just a pressure feeling in the back of my head now, like a bit of pressure needs letting out.

At least I can see without the light show, nice as it was.

I didn’t feel the need to bother A&E.

Smudger666

Count the number of eyes you have – if it is more than 2, you’ll be fine if one goes wonky. If not, prolly best to do something about it rather than post in t’internet.

From nhs website describing your symptoms…….

Your answers suggest you need to go to your nearest accident and emergency (A&E) department. You should do this as soon as possible.

If you have any further concerns or your symptoms change or get worse before you go to A&E, please call NHS 111 for a further assessment by dialling 111.

Please review your answers before going to A&E.

As well as going to A&E, please read the information on the next page which you may find helpful. You don’t need to be seen in A&E before following this advice.

eat_more_cheese
    Free Member

The same thing happened to me yesterday! First time ever, so got a bit paranoid. 2 Blue/white lines of zigzags-couldn’t focus properly and felt like I’d just looked at a bright light. No migraine. Didn’t feel bad, bit tired maybe. Strangely I couldn’t focus on them, just like them worm type things you often get. Seemed to stop after 15/20 mins, and seemed to help after being outside, rather than a dark room as some suggest. Did a quick google search-seems nothing serious, certainly not worth troubling A&E. Something about gel in eye ‘pulling’ on the retina. If it persists I may be a detached retina./dodgy internet advice/

busydog
    Free Member

As derekfish says, vitreous detachment sounds the most likely. If it was a migraine, you would more than likely be having a gut-wrenching, agonizing headache by now (I speak from experience as I am a migraine suffer for almost 45 years).
    There are instances where people get the visual aura/zig-zag flashing, yet don’t get the headache, but my neurologist said that is rare.
    As smudger says above, get yourself off to the emergency room to have it checked out or at the very least an optician
    Edit–detached retina isn’t something to take lightly.

Cougar

First time ever, so got a bit paranoid.

That’s an understatement, it scared the weewee out of me.

Eyepic
    Free Member

Close your eyes…. Can you still see it?

Is it the same in both eyes?

If yes to both above sounds like visual migrane..

PVD would normally only be in one eye or different from one eye to the other.

Eyepic
    Free Member

Visual migraines need not involve pain.

BTW I am not a doctor.

CountZero

Visual, or ‘aura’ migraines leave me with a nagging headache, but that’s all. Usually start with a small area in my centre of vision that’s blurred, which then becomes a small, bright zigzag that’s a weird coloured but not coloured, and gradually expands in a ‘C’ shape that keeps expanding until it disappears out of my field of vision, leaving me with a dull nagging headache at the back of my head. If I catch it in time and nuke it with a couple of ibuprofen, it cuts the headache back significantly.

john_drummer
    Free Member

“dull nagging headache”.

you don’t know how lucky you are 😉

piemonster

Has he sought medical attention yet?

jambourgie
    Free Member

came on whilst doing a bit of house work

There’s your problem right there.

wingnuts

Had this a couple of years ago and it wasn’t anything to worry about. Can’t remember the name unfortunately. I was aboard and it happened on a Sunday night. I phoned my optician Monday morning when I was home as it was scary. He was also alarmed and sent me to the eye consultant immediately. They didn’t bother with A&E it was to the top man straight away. It can be v serious or nothing but the professionals are really onto it, so you should be as well.

wingnuts

Have you been to see somebody not connected with STW yet?

hora
    Free Member

Could be absolutely anything including a haemarige or tumour.

Get seen asap.

Kahurangi

Could be absolutely anything including a haemarige or tumour.

Get seen asap.

OMG is it cat AIDS?

hora
    Free Member

Worse my fine friend.

I’m afraid its

Badger AIDS

skiboy
    Free Member

It’s a jay bird migraine,

I get loss of peripheral vision with a feeling of detachment first,

Then progress to the lightning around the edge, this is what American doctors call
    Jay bird.

I then get a loss of what seems like one eyes sight. It’s like seeing everything in mono, depth is distorted, people appear to have only one side of there face !

Freaked the hell out of me the first time I had one.

I’ve had around 10 of those in the last 10 yrs.

I’ve always had migraines but learned over yrs ways of avoiding them or stopping them.

These jaybird migraines in my case occur due to tiredness and not wanting to step of the gas.

crankboy
    Free Member

Have you spoken to anyone with a stethoscope yet? I have been a migraine sufferer for 35 years ish may have cured it by landing on my head at spooky woods. What you describe could be a migraine but is nothing like mine but it is either brain or vision may be nothing but not worth taking chances with better to have a Dr say ” nothing to worry about ” than ” if only we cought it earlier.”

coolhandluke
    Free Member

Update,

I’m alive still,

It lasted about 30 minutes and went away.

I’ve had it before but maybe once or twice a year just.

Next time I’m at the doctors, I’ll mention it.

derekfish
    Free Member

You really ought to check it out, if it’s vitreous detachment, which is a sort of carrier film at the rear of the eye, it’s also characterised by ‘floaters’ so things that float about, it’s more prevalent with folk who are short sighted, (because their eyes are generally a bit bigger)and beginning to age. It can also be brought about by being a bit too active whilst stressed, so they’ll tell you to take it easy for a bit. (told me to give up gardening, not that I spend any more time in the garden than is absolutely necessary). Anyway if it is that it can be a prelude to worse stuff like retinas becoming detached, so you kind of need to know, do yourself a favour.

Viewing 30 posts - 1 through 30 (of 30 total)

The topic ‘aghhhh, blue and white ziggy zags in my eye.’ is closed to new replies.