Viewing 21 posts - 1 through 21 (of 21 total)
  • Aggressive Motorists.
  • singlespeedstu

How do you deal with them?
    I normaly just let it wash over me but sometimes it really pisses me off.
    Tonights ride home.
    Dead straight road, plenty of room.
    We’re turning right.
    100 yards before the junction start to look behind.Nothing coming.
    75 yards before look behind again, still nothing coming.
    50 yards before check again still nothing coming so indicate and start to move into the white line.
    25 yards before on the white line and a car starts to approach from behind.
    10 yards before and car is very close behind.
    5 yards before and car pulls over the white line and overtakes us on the opposite side of the road then has to pull back in sharpish as there’s a car coming the other way.
    There was plenty of room for the car to carry on on the left of us without even having to slow down or change line.
    I understand that there are plenty of nobs out there but this kind of stuff sometimes gets to me so just a quick release.
    How do you deal with stuff that occasionaly boils your wee?

Jamie
    Free Member

I murder…

….a hot chocolate.

Junkyard
    Free Member

like you let it wash over me or get angry – sometimes you cannot control the flight or fight response 😐
    At least you are unhurt and that is the Number 1 objective

thepurist

Nothing you can do at that moment will change their behavior for the better, but might inflame a heated situation. If it’s properly dangerous and you get their reg then report it to the plod, otherwise shake your head and get on with your life.

mintimperial

I radio in a laser-strike from one of my orbital space-stations, verify total destruction of the vehicle in question with a drone squadron, then set my army of ninja henchmen the task of annihilating all the offender’s close relatives, friends and associates. Then I wee on the remains.

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

Nothing you can do at that moment will change their behavior for the better, but might inflame a heated situation.

Agreed.

Let it go. Let it go…..

singlespeedstu

If it’s properly dangerous and you get their reg then report it to the plod

I think that’s what’s pissed me off the most.
    It was propper dangerous but it was to dark/ happenend to fast to get his reg.

mintimperial

Nothing you can do at that moment will change their behavior for the better, but might inflame a heated situation.

Oh I dunno. They certainly behave better after they’ve been vapourised, I find.

thepurist

Mintimperial – some space jockey kept cutting up my network of satellites, turning left in front of them etc. I keep telling them they need to orbit further out to take a better position but these days they only go out on sunday mornings when space is nice and quiet.

singlespeedstu

some space jockey kept cutting up my network of satellites, turning left in front of them

That doesn’t bother me at all.

toofarwest

Usually just let it go, Saturday however I did manage a shout of WTF!! when at a roundabout.
    On approach I see a gap just as a Range Rover passes me, he gets there as the car I’m watching passes so has to come to a halt, glance over the shoulder to see a BMW almost coming alongside me. As he passes (now only about 15 yards from the roundabout) I check for an indication as I thought this guy’s going left (I’m going straight over)
    Sure enough he goes left cutting across in front of me as he had slowed to allow the RR in front to pull away.
    Carried on after that and enjoyed the rest of the ride.

allthepies
    Free Member

Do they work shifts ?

hjghg5
    Free Member

Usualy I let it go. I know from their driving that they are ****s and that I’d rather not get into a “discussion” with them. If I catch them up again I tend not to go back past them so they don’t get to do it again.

Occasionally I do a hand wave as they disappear into the distance and I have a hard stare for people who encroach into ASLs but otherwise I try to stay zen. Even if that does occasionally involve taking a moment by the side of the road to calm back down.

jairaj

Through the years I’ve been cycling on the road I’ve gone through the full spectrum. When I was younger I’d start swearing and shouting and even trying to chase them down. But this just started a pointless shouting match. When I got older I tried to have calm conversations with drivers. But this ended up with more swearing towards me or drivers just ignoring me. So now I just let it go.

matt_outandabout

Usually I let it go. Life is too short.
    A few weeks ago however, the lady who attempted to overtake two of my kids and I at the give way of a staggered cross roads as she turned left over us, had to put up with my bike being leaned on her Mercedes bonnet while I sauntered round and suggested that she may want to reconsider where she overtakes and re-taking her test…

singlespeedstu

Usually I let it go. Life is too short.

My normal ploy.
    But sometimes.

I thought it was out of my system after the last”fatbloke with a bit of wood jumping out his van to question me about roadtax” episode…
    Though TBF before these two i’d always managed to just carry on.

devash
    Free Member

Makes me laugh seeing the same makes of car crop up time and time again in these threads. 😆

Audi
    Mercedes
    BMW
    Range / Land Rover

dudeofdoom

Embrace the inner zen …….

riding a bike seems to attract every fking looney and weird behaviour , if you let it wind you up you’ll go mad.

scaredypants

Jamie – Freeloader!
    I murder…
    ….a hot chocolate

🙁

mattjg
    Free Member

Aggressive Motorists ..
    How do you deal with them?

I work on improved spelling.

teamhurtmore
    Free Member

Let it go…

On the flip side, I have almost been taken out by cars overtaking cyclists and not looking at me coming the other way (in a car)

Viewing 21 posts - 1 through 21 (of 21 total)

The topic ‘Aggressive Motorists.’ is closed to new replies.