Viewing 11 posts - 41 through 51 (of 51 total)
  • Aged 44, buying dirt jump bike = end up in hospital?
  • lycanthropefailed
    Free Member

Mrs LF (a nurse) says you should only get a jump bike if you are good looking.

P-Jay
    Free Member

What’s not to like, small agro looking bike, dirty jeans vest and a pisspot – look awesome leaning outside the pub 😉

brooess
    Free Member

You don’t stop playing when you grow old.
    You grow old when you stop playing.

Me. Aged 43 and 3/4

sillysilly
    Free Member

Injury that would heal in a week will now take you 2-4. Doesn’t really seem like a reason not to unless you are self employed / manual trades etc. Even in that case just make sure you are insured and have fun. I’ll never understand why so many people seem to die inside at 40 in the UK. +1 to all those older I still see giving me a run for my money on the trails 🙂

alexs96
    Free Member

As long as you’ve got some nice small jumps nearby to build up your confidence and skill go for it.

I built myself a DJ bike for £200 this winter and its been alot of fun. My jumping has improved massively, just had to put in some practice and i’ve yet to crash so smiles all round.

maxtorque

lycanthropefailed
    Mrs LF (a nurse) says you should only get a jump bike if you are good looking.

Even assuming i don’t land on my face and smash my nose / teeth, Mrs LF is going to be sorely disappointed ….. 😆

maxtorque

I thought i’d start on these nice small jumps:

only kidding!

Stevet1
    Free Member

You might be kidding but the thing is bigger jumps are normally easier, lots of landing to aim for and the jumps will have been well built to match the size of the gaps etc.
    Those look fun.

spaniardclimber
    Free Member

I’d love to learn to dirt jump .. any dirt jump school near london???

nwmlarge
    Free Member

Radical bikes is nearish

sirromj

Radical bikes is nearish

Sam pilgrim riding Radical Bikes, Chelmsford http://radicalbikes.co.uk/
    [video]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F47IMXIwveU[/video]

Viewing 11 posts - 41 through 51 (of 51 total)

The topic ‘Aged 44, buying dirt jump bike = end up in hospital?’ is closed to new replies.