• This topic has 45 replies, 38 voices, and was last updated 8 years ago by gg14.
Viewing 6 posts - 41 through 46 (of 46 total)
  • Age old question of what chain lube
  • boriselbrus
    Free Member

I’m currently experimenting with a mixture of paraffin wax and graphite powder. I got a kilo of wax and 500g of graphite on ebay for a tenner, I melted the wax and mixed the graphite then I take a clean chain and submerge in the hot wax for a few minutes.

So far it seems very good – I’ll keep you updated!

palmer77
    Free Member

Reading through this thread, I am inclined to suggest a set criteria at which all lubes are measured against. Something like: Cost: £; Functionality 1-5 (+/-); and ease of use (easy/bollox)

chris85
    Free Member

It’s just a bloody chain!!! Get the cheapest oil going it’ll only be washed off through the first muddy puddle anyhow

jonnyv
    Free Member

Squirt,good for all year round.

julzm
    Free Member

Rock n roll blue. We have two bikes both running SRAM 1x. One has done around 1500 miles , the other closer to 1000. LBS checked cassettes and chains yesterday and asked if we’d changed the chains…..couldn’t believe we were still running original chains. We’ve ridden all winter too, and ride around 4 times a week.

As long as you follow their instructions in soaking the chain then wiping off, you’ll be amazed how good your chain looks and how clean it and the cassette stay in the worst of conditions.

gg14
    Free Member

Scottoiler ultimate bike solution, very good gear.

Viewing 6 posts - 41 through 46 (of 46 total)

The topic ‘Age old question of what chain lube’ is closed to new replies.