Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 56 total)
  • Age gap between youself and partner?
  • TuckerUK
    Free Member

What is the age gap between yourself and you partner?

Mine is (takes shoes off in case toes needed)…she’s 6 (almost 7) years my junior.

Have dated with larger gap than that, maybe up to 18 years? (didn’t take notes at the time).

will
    Free Member

About 8 months 😆

Junkyard
    Free Member

less than a year

flyingmonkeycorps

Mrs Monkey is just under ten years younger than me. And she’s still the grown up one in the relationship.

mikewsmith
    Free Member

7 years (i’m the junior in this one)

oneoneoneone
    Free Member

2 years.

im the older one physically but mentally she is years ahead of me!

i spend all my cash on bikes and cars! we are supposed to be saving for a house! woops

hugor
    Free Member

14 years but I don’t look or act my age. She’s probably more mature than me despite being alot younger.

atlaz
    Free Member

5-ish.

elzorillo
    Free Member

9 years although as above.. I dont act my age (or so she’s always telling me).

slimjim78
    Free Member

last month, 15 years..

emsz
    Free Member

’bout a year. She’s older than me.

makes no difference does it.

TuckerUK
    Free Member

makes no difference does it.

Nope, certainly not a criteria that I’ve ever used for choosing someone. You either like them or you don’t. And vice versa.

Edit: Having said that I once met someone in RL that I ‘knew’ online, and she looked younger than her already tender years, and I didn’t feel comfortable being out and about with someone who looked that much younger that me.

elzorillo
    Free Member

Age only matters whilst a child and to people who still think like a child.

emsz
    Free Member

mind you.

Now I’m thinking wrinkly sex, and…eeeeuuuwwww 😆

djglover
    Free Member

6 days

coffeeking
    Free Member

Age only matters whilst a child and to people who still think like a child.

Not strictly true I don’t think. At 31 I’m still more than able to note the general immaturity of students in the 20-23ish range and would find dating one that wasn’t unusually mature somewhat irritating/difficult due to them being in a totally different place in their life (as I was at their age). After that they seem to be much closer to my general life attitude (a bit more dull and boring?!).

That said, there’s plenty of folk who manage it just fine but my observation of people in relationships where folk are still in their early twenties and partners not it seems to cause a lot of friction.

bikebouy
    Free Member

Hmm.. Never really thought about this one.. Soooo..
    Age gap (previous G/f you understand) 5 years, I was deffo the mature one in that relationship, age had nothing to do with maturinty. .. Herumph.
    Previous g/f to that above and the gap was 8 years, I was again the mature one, she was stunningly beautiful and youthfull looking, we sat on different sides of the page on many “life” issues and eventually the “maturity outlook” on my side took hold and I ended it.
    MrsBouy and I however are 10mths apart, she’s the younger. She’s the more mature in some ways (not all) I’m more the youthfull one (in a few ways) We do tend to have a clash every now and then where I think she’s trying to take over the “maturity rights”, but all in all it’s a healthy balance.
    I can only look back and say 8 years is too much of a gap (IMHO) and I don’t think I’d date/marry someone older than me. I have been propositioned once by a very fine lady 9 years older than me, but I couldn’t bring myself to take it any further than “no, you’re lovely and all that but…”

Having no kids at my age sometimes aches my bones, but I think at our age MrsBouy and I are quite settled about it, though that subject did cause some “interesting” moments in our relationship.

I do look back on occasion and wonder about my first Love and whether we would have had children, I think the answer would have been yes..
    Yikes.. I shouldn’t really say that should I..

heresjonny
    Free Member

19 days and I am the junior one

piedidiformaggio
    Free Member

2 physical years and about 26 mental years 😀

kevkitch
    Free Member

She’s six years older.

mastiles_fanylion
    Free Member

9 years younger.

No problem as a 44 and 35 yr old, but it did raise eyebrows (especially her father’s) when I was 27 and she was just 18.

wingnuts

12 years younger than me. I’m closer to her mothers age! Its no problem and I’m just peed off that it took so long to meet her. Just celebrated 9 years of blissful nagging marriage. When we meet my daughter (18 at the time) gave me a very stern lecture about being flattered by a younger woman.

geordiemick00
    Free Member

i’m 38 and she’s 42, she looks 35 and I look 45

kerv
    Free Member

48(me) and 35

zippykona

2 weeks. What do I win?

weeksy

6 years younger than me. The girl before her was 18 years younger than me… Although she did lie about her age meaning we missed her 18th birthday as i thought it was her 20th lol

bigbloke
    Free Member

4.5 years i’m the older one

marsdenman
    Free Member

I’m a Toy-boy – by 9 weeks…. 🙂

totalshell

mrs tts is 6 years younger 20 years more mature ( nah closer to 50 yr )she calls me her eldest child.

littlemisspanda
    Free Member

I’m 2 months older than Mr Panda. I always dated older guys when I was in my early to mid twenties – my boyfriends were usually in their 30’s – I found guys in their twenties were immature, not good at commitment but very good at cheating! But the older guys often came with baggage…..last relationship there was a 7 year age gap (I was younger) and he had a kid and a crazy ex. I ended it because we were definitely in different life places, and made a conscious decision to go out with someone closer to my own age and without children, and I’m much happier now.

Sounds selfish but I couldn’t deal with all that stuff – an ex wife who would “scweam and scweam until I’m sick” and get what she wanted, a kid who was sadly caught in the crossfire and very damaged, and all the while being expected to be the adult one who was always nice and polite and never complained about being treated like crap.

TuckerUK
    Free Member

The fact is, generally, women mature sexually and mentally far earlier than men, and I think this goes a long way to explaining some of the age disparities we see.

coffeeking
    Free Member

The fact is, generally, women mature sexually and mentally far earlier than men, and I think this goes a long way to explaining some of the age disparities we see.

I think the official difference is about 2 years by the age of 21, after that the difference is supposed to be negligible as everyone has “caught up” to the same point. But I do think people at 21 do have a very different outlook to those at 30, still, irrespective of polarity.

ThePinkster

The current Mrs. Pinkster is 19 years my senior.

It’s great being a toy boy. 😀

I’m just waiting for her to start collecting her winter fuel allowance. 😉

bigyinn
    Free Member

Mrs Yinn, 10 years older than me.
    Still, they say you’re only as old as the woman you feel. Bugger.

gixer.john
    Free Member

I’m 46, Mrs Gixer is 25 ( and very pregnant 😀 )

Mrs G acts about 10 years older than she is, while i act like a young fool (most of the time)

Seems to work for us

br
    Free Member

There’s one real problem with a large difference in ages, for the younger one. At some point their partner will probably no longer be able to do whatever it is they both enjoy (except jigsaws/watching TV etc)…

Only my observation of parents, family and friends where they have quite a gap.

hmanchester
    Free Member

Minimum age for the girl: Half your age + 7 years.

No hard and fast rule for me, but seems about right!

restless
    Free Member

No age gap….because I am single 😥

matt_outandabout

6 months

sparkyrhino

12 years older than the mrs rhino,10 tears married in july

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 56 total)

The topic ‘Age gap between youself and partner?’ is closed to new replies.