Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Age discrimation in the making??
  • Tiboy

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/england/8407754.stm

Is it just me or is the implication here that we should discriminate on age? i.e. only young people should be made to remove hoods?

I didn't realise that there was an age limit on antisocial behaviour? While an 84 year old isn't likely to commit an offence, though it does happen, how an earth is a shopping centre supposed to set an age limit on their hood ban without falling foul of age discrimination laws?

trailmonkey

That pair look like trouble to me

TandemJeremy
    Free Member

Agism – its worse now than when I was younger
    . 🙄 😀

retro83
    Free Member

Do they also make muslims take off burkas?

Tiboy

Haha, yeh I know, they aren't exactly a troublesome pair, but how are the shopping centre supposed to make a distinction? seems a bit unfair on the centre to me

skidartist
    Free Member

Well….. shopping malls are private property, they don't have to have any reason to not allow people in. If it suits them to ban people with hoods, that their privilege. If they want to make distinctions with regards to age, thats their call too.

The security guard could have used some discretion in this instance but perhaps his instructions didn't give him room to use discretion. They might do now.

"No children allowed, all dogs welcome" as they say in Bristol

simonfbarnes
    Free Member

so because it's "private property" they'd be entitled to exclude black people or fat ones ?

skidartist
    Free Member

your allowed to exclude people for no reason what so ever

there are plans to demolish social housing in glasgow to make way for a shopping mall, the aims and ambitions of that mall are stated by defining the people who won't be welcome there

saladdodger
    Free Member

If you need to wear a hood viel etc are you that fugly??

Should you realy be out in public scaring folk?

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

The topic ‘Age discrimation in the making??’ is closed to new replies.