• This topic has 71 replies, 55 voices, and was last updated 9 years ago by Yak.
Viewing 32 posts - 41 through 72 (of 72 total)
  • Aftershave: yes or no? (calling ladies of STW)
  • MrSmith
    Free Member

most high st big brand boots/superdrug fragrance is vile and seems to made up of sweet shop smells which is fine for teenagers but not adults.

creed, ortiga, tom ford, hermes, aqua di parma, guerlain all good just find the one that suits you but dont smother yourself in it.

john_drummer
    Free Member

I use Papa Cheri by Fragonard, all the way from Grasse, Provence.

About 50 euros a bottle but it lasts forever

No idea if it does the trick but Mrs_d likes it on me

thebrowndog
    Free Member

If you’re not keen on perfume masquerading as aftershave give this stuff a go. Up close you will smell like a proper G&T.

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    _tom_
    Free Member

Always had compliments on Joop Homme Wild and Armani Code Ice.

cookeaa

mudmuncher

Perfumed ponce!

[video]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wgUjWK7D9ZM[/video]

CHB

Aftershave has no place in this world.
    A decent EDT or EDP is what you should buy.
    I use RL Safari or Platinum Egoist (my wifes fave), also wearing on occaision some Santal Royal that I picked up in Dubai airport…wonderfully woody, but a little sweet initially.

Cerutti and Hugo Boss do some nice fresh fragrances too.
    I had never heard of Tom Ford…but now am going off to Google.

noltae
    Free Member

True story …

I’ve a buddy who swears by a healthy dash of Fabreeze of an evening – insists “it does the job” ! …

Frankenstein
    Free Member

Use a balm that a woman would’ve the smell of.

peterfile
    Free Member

CHB – try the Tom Ford Private Collection stuff. You can order 1ml tester bottles on eBay from reputable sellers for a few quid to avoid splurging on a bottle you don’t like. Tobacco Vanille and Oud Wood are my favourites

mugsys_m8

Are we talking about men. Wearing perfume?

john_drummer
    Free Member

Yeah. Some men use moisturiser too. Haven’t veered that far from being a “real man” yet, myself, but some do.

Mine’s EDT btw, not aftershave

molgrips
    Free Member

If there’s one thing I my brain honestly cannot process, it’s perfume or after shave. I’m totally blind to any of it. My sense of smell is pretty good generally, I can appreciate and identify fine flavours in things like coffee and cheese, but to me ALL perfume just smells like perfume. That’s anything from soap to expensive perfume. And I cannot tell the difference between manly or feminine smells. I find it rather interesting, it’s almost like some kind of genuine neurological impairment. Perhaps related to the fact that all alcoholic drinks to me taste and smell like an industrial solvent.

The only smells I like are things that smell like simple real things – so I use original source shower gel (lemon, orange, lavendar, coconut etc) and my wife only uses vanilla as perfume. Which is fantastic on her 🙂

mikey74
    Free Member

It’s all the same to me. I’ve never bought either.

nick1962
    Free Member

To echo what has already been said,if you don’t usually wear aftershave then don’t!
    I would recommend this though,smells nice-close up 😉 and is good for your skin.I use it for my nether regions before and after cycling but can be used all over your body.

mikey74
    Free Member

Funnily enough I bought some of that today.

globalti
    Free Member

Did you know that the perfume in WD40 is distantly related to Shalimar by Guerlain?

dan129
    Free Member

At the risk of sounding a bit of a softy try Tiffany for men its a cologne rather than an aftershave so its quite strong

johndoh
    Free Member

Issey Miyake +1

Everything else smells cheap.

thestabiliser
    Free Member

Richie and Eddie recommend ‘Grrrrr’

CHB

My wife wears Shalimar…that must be why I love her as much more than I love my bikes.

King-ocelot
    Free Member

Tom Ford Noir
    Jil Sander original or pure.
    Jo Malone is acceptable but only if you have hit 40 and can tolerate the faffing around at the till point.

adjustablewench
    Free Member

My son asked me to buy him some Tom Ford noir for Christmas – but I refused as I didn’t like it, yes I know it isn’t for me to like but still I asked him to rethink. Maybe it works on older men better but it wasn’t right on him.

I quite like Prada luna Rossa, but as everyone else has said it’s not important. Clean, with fresh clothes and brushed teeth is way more important 🙂

wrightyson
    Free Member

Invictus!
    I would actually say it does work in the correct way!

Xylene
    Free Member

Tom Ford – Dark Noir

Viktornof – Spice Bomb

Not cheap, but worth it.

gordimhor

as billyboulders said but wash with swarfega first

BillMC

Terre D’Hermes
    Givenchy Gentleman

Xylene
    Free Member

I was always told wiping a bit of piss behind your ears let the pheromones get in a ladies nose and drive her wild.

Malvern Rider
    Free Member

True story …

I’ve a buddy who swears by a healthy dash of Fabreeze of an evening – insists “it does the job” ! …

Already my favourite response of the week 😀

Currently going cheap in our local Aldi – a squirt behind each ear should do the trick

True story – I know a woman who really likes the scent of GT85

gonzy
    Free Member

for me its either this…

this…

or this…

aP
    Free Member

I tend to rotate between Hermes Eau d’orange vert, L’Eau par Kenzo pour Homme, Givenchy Gentlemen Only and Cacharel pour L’Homme.

Yak

We’ve had this before haven’t we? Someone here is a scent expert iirc.

My wife wears Shalimar…that must be why I love her as much more than I love my bikes.

and this is the same scent as WD40

True story – I know a woman who really likes the scent of GT85

– probably similar to Shalimar.

Anyway, what would this fella do?

Viewing 32 posts - 41 through 72 (of 72 total)

The topic ‘Aftershave: yes or no? (calling ladies of STW)’ is closed to new replies.