Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Afternoon in Manhattan and then Stamford CT
  • growinglad
    Free Member

Myself and a colleague are flying out to Manhattan arriving Sunday lunch time and then heading off to Stamford CT in the evening, where we’ll be for a couple of days.

So, it’s been a while since I was last in NY.

Anything recommended for the afternoon?
    Good places to get some lunch, early evening meal?

Any purchases I should consider?

Bike parts, electronics?

Also, anyone got any recommendations for Stamford CT?

From a quick look on Google it looks quite underwhelming….although there is a Brewery that makes it onto the trip adviser list.

Coming from landlocked Switzerland I hope at least there should be some good sea food places.

Thanks in advance,

GL

growinglad
    Free Member

Bumped….

Anyone got any recommendations for NY?

Cheers.

tuskaloosa
    Free Member

What is it y’r looking to do in Stamford, got a bunch of colleagues/friends who work/live in Stamford, can ask them for ideas/tips. It’s been a while since I’ve been there myself.

newrobdob
    Free Member

Where are you flying into, JFK? And how are you travelling back out? Takes a while to get to Manhattan from JFK and if you need to travel back out it might eat up more time than you think.

strike
    Free Member

I spent a week (with work) in Stamford CT back in 2014 – not a whole lot to do or see… Highlight for me was taking the train to New York for an evening (the train from Stamford takes you in to Grand Central).

tuskaloosa
    Free Member

GL following places recommended to eat

NYC:
    JG Melon (Cash only – burgers only)
    Upland
    Charlie Bird
    Maialino (pasta and apps only – entrees suck)
    Casa Mono
    L’Artusi
    Pasquale Jones
    Wildair
    Gato

Stamford:
    EOS
    Kotobuki
    Harlan Social
    Café Silvium
    Brennans
    Barcelona

Stamford – he said the beaches 🙄

flanagaj
    Free Member

Stamford CT. Umm RBS or UBS?

growinglad
    Free Member

RBS or UBS?

Neither 😛

Fly into JFK, then we’ll head into Manhattan and then either train of taxi up to Stamford.

I think Stamford is just going to be evenings out for food.

Hotel has a gym and pool, so, plan will be to do some exercise before work, get stuck in during the day and hopefully find somewhere nice for food.

I did think about looking to hire a bike to get around on, always find a bike is handy for checking out a place, but it’s a bit pricey just to have a puttle around in the evenings.

To be honest, having some big issues at home, so I guessing it’s probably best to stay off the booze.

Thanks for the tips.

Cheers,
    GL

allthegear
    Free Member

When I used to (regularly) have to go to Stamford, CT, the place itself always seemed to be a bit “dead”/soulless.

Can’t say I miss it.

Purdue Pharma, if you’re asking

Rachel

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

The topic ‘Afternoon in Manhattan and then Stamford CT’ is closed to new replies.