Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • After work blast in/around Manchester – where?
  • Brycey
    Free Member

As it says Ladies and Gents. Just moved down from Scotland and looking for suggestions for after work now it’s light without having to drive too far.

Cheers

ourmaninthenorth

Whereabouts in Manchester?

If south, then llok no further than the South Manchester Massive…. binners of this parish is yer man. Though you might have to ride with Hora….

snowslave

We’re out every week after work. Manchester – downside is there’s not much exciting riding from the door if you’re in proper central Manchester (i.e. inside the M60), but if you’re willing to drive it’s central for S Pennines, Calderdale, Dark Peak, etc etc all doable as night rides.

xherbivorex
    Free Member

Though you might have to ride with Hora….

you’re joking aren’t you tom? ha!

anyway, lee quarry is less than a half hour car ride north out of the centre of manchester and it’s great fun…

Harry_the_Spider

The North Manchester Massive (all four of us) get out once a weekish from Prestwich (just inside the northern tip of the M60). Loads of good stuff right on the doorstep.

Brycey
    Free Member

Good stuff. I’m in Salford Quays so motorway is pretty accessible.

hora
    Free Member

Roadbike or Hebden Bridge/Calderdale (40mins), southern-tip of the Peaks. If you are used to Scotland/Hills I wouldnt recommend riding locally off-road.

Junkyard
    Free Member

Rivington (big telly mast ) down M61 people off here ride there tues weds thurs (different folk mind) so e-mail me and I will sort something out for you …where they did the Commonwealth games he says lightly overselling it!!Riding there tomorrow if you are keen.
    PS if you see Hora on a bike take a picture (will need to see the forks in shot to verify how recent :lol:)

project
    Free Member

Was there today, Deansgate was pretty quiet, roadworks, as was parts of the ring road, for once.

Seriously though there is good rideing to be had near heaton Park,cheetham hill way.

hora
    Free Member

project- I actually think they should pedestrianise about 0.5miles of Deansgate now…….safer for shoppers….better…

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

The topic ‘After work blast in/around Manchester – where?’ is closed to new replies.