Viewing 16 posts - 1 through 16 (of 16 total)
  • After the worst winter, the Best Spring Ever ?
  • flap_jack
    Free Member

Just back from a wonderful ride around Woburn, all the May is out* and the place is fragrant and lovely. And the singletrack is running as fast as fast can be !

* I have cast my clouts.

BoardinBob

Torrential rain in Glasgow. Snow up north. Sub zero temps tonight…

allthepies
    Free Member

Well spring started in the last week of March and back then it was pretty poor 🙂 We’ll see how May pans out!

roverpig

Risk of snow up here and the May is wisely biding its time. Clouts decidedly un-cast.

cinnamon_girl

Nah rain tomorrow innit. 🙁

tpbiker
    Free Member

18 mph winds and rain…

so id have to disagree…..

davosaurusrex

Perfect on the South Downs, not a puddle to be seen and bikes covered with white chalk dust, hope it lasts

crazy-legs

Dry and dusty in the Peak District too. Making the most of it. 🙂

April/May has been really nice for a few years now. Usually followed by a rubbish summer…

lowey

You had to post it didnt you. Its like talking about a hosepipe ban….

(rivi was ace last night… fasssssst).

boxelder

Must be one of the coldest on record, shirley?

Yetiman
    Free Member

boxelder – certainly feels like it north of the border. Spring has not really sprung yet in Aberdeenshire. Thankfully the trails have been dry the past couple of weeks, which has been great, but I’m getting desperate now for some warmth. I had my winter gloves on again for last nights ride, it was bloomin freezing.

doom_mountain

Ha, I got sunburned doing the Borrowdale Bash yesterday.
    Quick loop around Newlands Valley tonight and I came home soaking wet, with squelchy shoes.

Both fantastic rides 😀

Who needs seasons anyway?

Sandwich

Comedy tan going well in the mystic East. Bike not needed a clean for over a week now, it’s getting a bit dusty though.

rOcKeTdOg

it was lovely to put the bike away covered in dust today. got a bit of a tan too 🙂

buzz-lightyear
    Free Member

Worst Summer, Autumn and Winter. This Spring has been cool but stunningly dry. I have diligently ridden all through the shyte and enjoyed it, but since March, we’ve ridden everything at every opportunity. It’s so rarely this good, you just have to.

It will be a Mendip Spring to stick in my memory, and rave about, for a long long time.

I’m dreading Summer.

darrell
    Free Member

Daffodils still not flowered. The crocuses have only just. Sleet yesterday and gonna be a massive 3 C tomorrow.

When is spring gonna happen then

Viewing 16 posts - 1 through 16 (of 16 total)

The topic ‘After the worst winter, the Best Spring Ever ?’ is closed to new replies.