Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • After some advice… viewing gpx routes on an iPhone
  • OrmanCheep
    Free Member

My wife has entered a Macmillan road ride tomorrow, and is just trying to find a way of putting the route onto her iPhone for mounting on the handlebars.

The route is available in GPX, TCX and KML format.

Do any of you know an app that can use the route file to generate directions (I guess some kind of sat nav)?

Thanks

somouk
    Free Member

Viewranger maybe?

CountZero

Certainly Viewranger can import GPX routes, although I’ve never used the facility. Have a shufti at their site:
    http://www.viewranger.com/en-gb

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    Pridds

Not sure about directions but there is an app called gpx reader that I bought (£1.99) that was really good when I needed to navigate with the phone

OrmanCheep
    Free Member

Cheers chaps, it looks like view ranger involves some sort of map reading ability, rather than a “in 200 yards, turn right” approach, which could be fun, knowing how at ease she is with maps.

I am sure it will be pretty well organised, but she hasn’t done anything like it before, and she is concerned because there are three different routes, with route splits, and 2 way sections.

Thanks again

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

The topic ‘After some advice… viewing gpx routes on an iPhone’ is closed to new replies.