Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • After new tyres.
  • widge34
    Free Member

I’m looking for a set of tyres which will be mainly used for muddy natural single track, some of which are steep and technical, some rooty some rocky and off camber, but would also like to be able to use them on the Verderes trail in FOD. I have Panaracer Trailrakers at the moment, but took a gouge out of the back one yesterday. They are fine in pure mud but not great on root and rock.
    I am considering Maxxis Swampthings can get two for £39 and they get a good review by Jonsey in last months Dirt mag

Any thoughts??

widge34
    Free Member

Anyone?

chakaping
    Free Member

Swampies are alright but a bit too mud-specific IMO. Bontrager Mud X 2.0s are very good in mud but also fast everywhere.

br
    Free Member

Is the tyre actually split or just ‘gouged’ – if the latter just patch/glue (from the inside) and carry on using. Otherwise Mud X’s.

rewski
    Free Member

I’m using spesh storms, the 2bliss versions are easy to fit tubeless, great tyre. Was riding everything from loamy forest to very wet and muddy bridle paths and steep rooty ups and downs. Better than mudx IMO.

widge34
    Free Member

Cheers guys. The Mud X sound like the ones, the sidewalls are tougher than the Swampthings and are also lighter.

I could patch the Trailraker, but although they are a great tyre for shear mud, they are not great on roots, rocks and trailcenters.

GlennG
    Free Member

+1 for spesh storms, very good mud/ gloop tyres and ok on rocks and rooty sections.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

The topic ‘After new tyres.’ is closed to new replies.