Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • After crackpipe (Holmbury)
  • teamhurtmore
    Free Member

I always enjoy crackpipe as a run but not the way back up past the cricket pitch to TR and YP…

Any alternative ideas of what to do afterwards?

tuskaloosa
    Free Member

THM y’r back!!

Not sure to be honest I hang right on the road and cycle all the way back up the bridle way that takes you near the road/top of HH or there are two bridle ways – one is the really steep one close to Wet’ Wild or the bridle way where WnWild ends and takes up to around the start of crackpipe.. don’t think there is any easy way.

teamhurtmore
    Free Member

Hi again!

Did TR once and then up the BW that comes out at the start, but never gone further round – at least not on a MTB.

Shame that it’s a short run as it always seems to take too long to get back to the main trails. Looks like another fun trail just to the side of it, but don’t know the name.

I guess if I am comfortable with crackpipe I ought to graduate on to all the Eric trails but I always hurt myself there!!

nuke

Thought riding (well, pushing) back up Colin’s Potty was the standard route back up 😀

Havent been down CP & W&W for a while but they’ll probably encroached by the bracken by this time of year!

teamhurtmore
    Free Member

A little overgrown but was ok last Sat. Might go up this Sun again

Haven’t been wfold way for a while though

Hob-Nob
    Free Member

Normally Wet & wild, back up to Crack Pipe, round past the cricket pitch, down Secret Squirrel, SS Gone climbing, sometime to f*ck off Dave back to/or Slippery when wet, into the car park, trail down the road, BK Nothing.

teamhurtmore
    Free Member

Which one is wet and wild?

Hob-Nob
    Free Member

straight over the top of the viewpoint, just to the right of the walkers wooden thing.

teamhurtmore
    Free Member

Are there two trails there? One with a steeper entry thru gorse?

tuskaloosa
    Free Member

One is a bridle path… steep. There is a big sign that says caution steep. Pushed up it now and then not the most fun push up.

The entry to WnW is to the left of it. Correct me if I’m wrong Hob.

WF lately has seen some runs closed mainly stuff that runs on JMcA land.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

The topic ‘After crackpipe (Holmbury)’ is closed to new replies.