Viewing 16 posts - 1 through 16 (of 16 total)
  • After a car crash does everyone get your phone member?!!!!
  • wrightyson
    Free Member

So the Mrs got ran into a few weeks ago, car still not sorted but third party thankfully accepted responsibility and we have a big hire car etc so all is as good as it could be.
    Forward to last night, a woman phones from “first response,” knew all about the crash and was pushing me to give a verbal yes to start a claim of around 1800 quid just for “seatbelt trauma.” Said she was working on behalf of the insurers, I played along and tried to eek some info out of her, to the point where she couldn’t tell me who either of us were insured by and she put the phone down. It really is bullshit tbat they can do this and no wonder policies get bumped up in cost year on year!

mr-potatohead
    Free Member

I had a similar experience- fifty fifty claim still unresolved then I start getting calls from one of these companies- they had been sold my details by the other fellas insurance co.seems to be common practise and yet another way to squeeze money out of people.The told me he had made a claim in order to encourage me to do the same.

globalti
    Free Member

I keep getting the calls and I’ve never had a car crash!

nickhit3
    Free Member

what about those who call claiming I’ve had an accident that hasnt ever occured? I’ve sadly never even got to the U in f*ck off before they’ve hung up to ask how they know..?

tthew

I’ve sadly never even got to the U in f*ck off before they’ve hung up to ask how they know..?

They don’t know. It’s just random ambulance chasing, once tried to unsuccessfully claim from us the other year. I try to waste their time by playing along for a bit, “ooh yes, but which one do you mean?” (making it sound like I’ve had more than one) and when you start asking them for details about where it happened, the insurance companies involved etc. they have not a clue. Shisters.

enfht
    Free Member

Phone member is sexist. What happens if you self identify your device as gender fluid?

tomhoward

I don’t even drive…

Doesn’t stop me from asking ‘which one as there’s been a couple…’ build them up then tear them down 😈

matt_outandabout

We’ve had a couple recently. It’s good fun for five minutes, then I get bored of baiting them, but by then pride kicks in and I *need* them to hang up on me first…

Jamie
    Free Member

Same here. Keep spoofing different geographic locations to get you to answer. ****s.

dannybgoode

I told them it was a plane crash, not a car crash. Light aircraft into a field – terrible mess. Had to be air lifted out and everything.

It amused me a lot more than it amused them…

mc
    Free Member

I avoid answering numbers I don’t recognise, but if I do happen to answer, I go for either the irate Scotsman route, or string them along giving them the bare minimum answers. That’s until they hit the magic question of “How long ago was the accident?”. Apparently they’re not interested in accidents that happened over 10 years ago. :-/

I also enjoy the PPI lot. Some have found out I previously had an Egg loan. I like how they get all excited asking for details, until I ask them is it legal to claim compensation twice.

One thing I have realised, is if you answer all the calls for a few days and let them know they’re wasting their time, most calls stop for a few weeks.

falkirk-mark

My son had an accident and I attended the only thing I used my phone was to call breakdown service who sent a local firm out. Got 2 calls a day average after that for moths from ambulance chasers. So the breakdown service or the local firm passed my number on.Plus I blocked all numbers when they phoned to stop them phoning back

mattyfez

Big data innit.
    Details sold in bulk in clear breach of the DPA.

Try proving it though, of even who sold your details in the first place.

I’m just glad modern smart phones have blacklisting features and I don’t have a house phone plugged into my landline.
    Unrecognised number? No voicemail left? Welcome to the the blacklist.

joeydeacon
    Free Member

When I get those calls I either start to tell them about my (fictional) accident, making it as depraved and disgusting a story as I can come up with, to see how long they last before hanging up.

Or I tell them that I’ve got a case to claim on, but will just be a sec, and ask to put them on hold.

One guy lasted 21 minutes of this on repeat before he realised..

[video]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uWhkbDMISl8[/video]

funkmasterp

I had repeated calls last year from one of those accident claim companies. It was an automated thing asking me if I wanted a call back. In the end I said yes. I just let rip at the person who called back. Felt very bad about it afterwards, but it felt really good at the time 😳

somouk
    Free Member

Wait until you do quotes on any of the major comparison sites and declare an accident. It all starts again!

Viewing 16 posts - 1 through 16 (of 16 total)

The topic ‘After a car crash does everyone get your phone member?!!!!’ is closed to new replies.