Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • after a bmx (for somebody tallish)
  • astura
    Free Member

Haven’t owned a BMX for many many years, last one was a Haro Shredder and Blammo but my fave was my piston bully, I never really paid much attention to size but know I see that for a 6ft + rider you need 22inch frame.
    My son is joining a club and I’m guna tag along, so I need to get hold of one something retro would be great – iv been looking all over eBay but nobody really puts down size so I’m not sure if its something I need to worry about?

nach
    Free Member

Buy the right size. I bought one off ebay without checking, it was too small at 19.5″ and became uncomfortable to ride for long.

caspian
    Free Member

I’m 6’2″ and ride a 22″ wheeled S&M ATF. I have a 24″ wheeled rehab BMX for sale if you want it. I rode it for a year due to back problems, was perfect

astura
    Free Member

Thanks both, caspian how much are you after?

caspian
    Free Member

Not much, it was only £400 new. I’m between Winchester and Petersfield. Where are you?

astura
    Free Member

Shrewsbury, miles! 🙂

astura
    Free Member

I could however make a day of it (in the new year) and go biking that way, let me know what price your after?

jedi

my mate mark atkins is well over 6ft tall and rides a 21 inch top tube

wilko1999
    Free Member

Yeah and Mark Atkins knows a thing or two about BMX! I’m 6’1 and ride a 21″, my mate’s 6’2 and rides a 21″ – I wouldn’t get too carried away looking for a 22″ top tube unless you’re like 6’8 or something

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

The topic ‘after a bmx (for somebody tallish)’ is closed to new replies.